wow

frlejo

too make a long story short & not going into how he was able, I have a 2" blue hippo that managed to swim into my overflow 2&1\2 months ago. thought it had died & gone to reef heaven. found it yesterday, skinnier than a piece of paper, no color hardly, weak as heck. had to tear the tank down to get to it, another story about why. I think it will be alright, wifey calls it the "x-mas miracle."

wow is right....that is crazy....reminds me of a diamond goby I had for a while there.....I thought he jumped out or got eaten or something....like 3 months later I was working in my sump and low and behold there he was. Guess I am happy I had that super small amount of sand in there.

that's cool! Color loss may have been more due to being in the dark for that long more then anything. That may sound funny to some but I had a clown that went almost stark white every night. I found out when I turned the light on in the middle of the night once. I thought he was dying. He got his color hack after 20 minutes or so. I was sweating it though(scary)

hippo

spends most of the time laying on a rock, resting against the back of the tank so he can't fall off, gets frisky when food comes along, getting color back already, so i think he will make. usually when it is as bad a shape as this one, other fish run them to death, cause they don't want the sick, lame & lazy around. no one bothers him at all, lets him, lets him lay around. expecting a group fish hug here shortly.

on another note, see the pic where my rbta is riding around on a snail.. never mind, will post it later, dinner gotta resize it