Computer help

Michael7979

The general population' date=' as a whole, is not known to be the best informed on a great many subjects. Computers are just one of them (just look at the Nov. elections). If they were, more people would own Macs and the Democrats wouldn't have done as poorly as they did.[/quote']

ok dang it....now that is funny. I have to give it to you there.(clap)

so good that only like 2% of computer users in all aspects are MAC users. By all aspects I am takiing into consideration business as well....so for instance my company only has like 10k PC's and 0 MAC's....pretty good ratio right there(naughty)

When I read/hear ignorance like this I never know to feel sorry or embarrassed for the person saying it.

When I read/hear ignorance like this I never know to feel sorry or embarrassed for the person saying it.

you are right....according to the last survey it was 7%....not 2%....I stand corrected. No need to feel embarrassed

"85 % of the market is captured by windows, 7% MAC, 8% is either unknown....Linux...and so on"

according to Google statistic's the break down goes like this....stupid statistics....so ingorant

Windows XP is the most popular operating system. The windows family

counts for nearly 90%:

................WinXP.......W2000.....Win98..WinNT..W2003..Linux......Mac

Sepember...75.6%.......9.2%.......1.4%....0.3%....2.0%....3.5%.....3.8%

Augus. ......75.2%.......10.1%.....1.4%....0.3%....2.1%....3.5%.....3.6%

July...........74.3%.......10.1%.....1.5%....0.3%....2.0%....3.4%.....3.6%

June..........74.1%.......10.6%.....1.6%....0.3%....2.0%....3.4%.....3.6%

May...........74.2%.......10.7%.....1.6%....0.2%....2.0%....3.4%.....3.6%

April...........74.0%.......11.2%.....1.8%....0.3%....1.9%....3.3%.....3.6%

March.........72.9%.......11.9%.....2.0%....0.3%....1.8%....3.4%.....3.5%

February......73.3%......12.3%......2.1%...0.3%....1.8%....3.4%.....3.6%

January.......72.3%.......13.1%.....2.4%...0.3%....1.7%....3.3%.....3.5%

did anyone have him clean his cookies first and see what that did??? some temp files and cach will slow up vista

That's kinda what I was thinking.....in addition to seeing what all start up process he has going on. There maybe some kind of background action causing sluggish responses.(scratch)

did anyone have him clean his cookies first and see what that did??? some temp files and cach will slow up vista

I suggested using ATF Cleaner which should get those temp files.

Michael -

You could also download 'HijackThis' from http://www.download.com and install it then run it and click the button that says Save A Log file and post that here. It would tell us much of what is running in the background and at start up.

Michael -

You could also download 'HijackThis' from http://www.download.com and install it then run it and click the button that says Save A Log file and post that here. It would tell us much of what is running in the background and at start up.

Very good suggestion here.....might not hurt to run a Belarc report either....will give idea of patches and updates installed to try and identify potential issues.

Have you changed anything lately? Installed anything?

4g is plenty of RAM for what you use your computer for. In fact you could...again COULD try and pull a RAM chip out (with the power off) and boot up....see if it speeds up....if not put it back and pull the next and so on. It COULD be a faulting chip. But my initial thought is software related. A reload is an option as well.

Michael -

Thanks for all the links, I will try some on my laptop. I may PM you for some in house work on my sons gaming computer if you do that sort of thing