HELP!!!

NoobtoSalt

That's where I'm at' date=' Coral Tank, Its nice and clean though. Mine started dieing when we were away in Oct, The last went when I was back, Only one not affected was a sand goby which I'm taking to a temp home today then eight weeks I guess without fish[/quote']

Of all the fish I really don't want to loose is the bi-color anthias.

They have been in my tank for 7 months now and I'd really hate to see them go.

Dang that totally sucks. Losing a fish blows....but then when it starts a chain reaction it really starts to suck. The one time I lost 80% of my fish is when I considered getting out of reefing altogether. But I guess it is part of the whole learning experience.

Those Bi-color anthias are sweet. I will be getting some of those at some point here.

Wow

Im sorry man, that is terible. On the clowns twitching, I have seen my male do that many times trying to entice the female to mate. He will twitch and mouth the rock next to the nem and I guess do anything he can to get her atention. Kinda like in the human world! :) lol I tried that on my wife once (twitch and mouth the wall) didnt work! Sorry, just trying to cheere ya up. Do you use any marine max? I would definatley recomend that stuff, also get some garlic gaurd and start soaking your food in it before you feed your fish. Really helps with imune system and apetite.

I always soak my food with garlic. I have a feeling its too late for all of my fish at this point. I just got home and they all look awful. I dosed with melafix this morning but I think it was too little too late. My little naso is hanging in for its life but I think in the morning it won't be around as well as my two clowns and the anthias. For some odd reason my leopard wrasse was doing fine this morning but we will see.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Jesse' date=' you sure you don't want to get them in a quarantine tank? All I have is a 10 gallon but I'm sure someone could let you borrow something bigger.[/quote']

I might be hooking up with someone this morning with a QT. I was hoping to not go this route but not sure if it will help much anyways.

If I do a QT do I just take the water from the main tank? Or should it be all new fresh salt? I would think that would stress the fish out even more.

We have set one up using both ways salt from the tank and fresh saltwater. I don't think it matters that much as typically when you treat you will end up doing a large water change afterwards. And yes, moving them to a smaller tank can stress them out more which is why taking them out sooner than later is better.

It is just more difficult to treat in the main tank.

sorry! it is so sad to see this type of thing happen!

i had half my fish die three weeks ago, i had ich, and then when i had taken care of the ich, a bacterial infection hit my fish who were already weakened.

never underestimate hyposalinity...

just feel good knowing you have been doing the suggested, and trying your hardest

So if I have corals that I'm selling off out of this tank should the new owners be worried about it? Or is it probably just a fish disease?

I'm no expert but I believe its transfered thru water, for example I read that you shouldnt use tools,nets,hands,etc from one tank to the other tank while waiting for the parasite do die off. That said i guess you would want to be careful with the transfer of corals from that water.

Thanks again it was nice to meet you. I had to get ready for work so I didn't get it setup yet. I just got home and everything seems to still be alive which is a good thing so far.

jesse i hope every thing is looking ok still since i was up and put the 15 tall to good use. let me know how thangs go i hope its for the best. nice to meet you and love the tank just cant waite to see it fully back to health.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Woke up this morning and everything is still alive!! Wahoo!!

I have the two clowns in my frag tank as a temporary QT till I have time to setup the new tank that Jeff dropped off yesterday.

All of the fish except for my leopard wrasse are still showing signs of the infection. Any ideas as to why that would be? Are these immune to diseases? I was under the impression that they are one of the hardest fish to keep in a reef tank?

Woke up this morning and lost both of my clowns. I moved one of the bi-color anthias to the frag tank as it looked extremely bad so I wouldn't be suprised if when I get home from work tonight that it won't be around either.

So what I have left in the main tank is a leopard wrasse and 1 bi-color anthias.

Will the 1 anthias be ok for a few weeks by itself? I know these are schooling fish and am a little worried it won't have it's buddy anymore.