crashing???

Kimberlee

P.S. I wouldn't be surprised if you woke up to two BTA in the morning' date=' a big shift in temp will sometimes cause a split.[/quote']

He's been looking bigger, so maybe. They don't split under stress? do they? I don't like that idea, but if it's just the change in temp that dose it I can live w/ that

He's been looking bigger' date=' so maybe. They don't split under stress? do they? I don't like that idea, but if it's just the change in temp that dose it I can live w/ that[/quote']

In my experience it is usually stress that does it. Once (before I had a sump) the suction cup on the heater let go and the heater landed on the BTA. I don't know how long they were touching, but I am thinking an hour or more. It split the next day. I have had mine split 8 times so I could go on but I wont to save face LOL. A lot of people say they split after transport as well.

If it does split keep an eye on it, they like to wander after a split and can end up in your intake :eek:. I once found one growing in my canister filter. (laugh)

Looked at your tank Gill. It's great' date=' but those magnetic locks are only good until the kid starts climbing[/quote']

LOL your right about that, my wife left me home with the boys just the other day I turned my back for a daddy minute (opposite of a New York minute) and they had a chair and the turkey baster LOL I guess they decided the corals were hungry.

I ran into the post BTA blenderized, right after I brought him home, so everything That could threaten him has been has been covered. Was up till 2am before I was satisfied I'll watch him close though, thx for the heads up.

I've seen those youtube videos I've seen where they split it by cutting them is just horrendous. Even if it's not the most sought after thing I love it and don't want it under stress

OMG Kimberlee you are a psychic!!! My wife called me today at work to say the kids had climbed up and dumped 4 fish sticks, a plate, paint brush, whole jar of fish food and photo into the tank ahhhhhh!!!! I am in the middle of a 40 gallon water change right now wish me luck. Looks like after that I will get some more locks LOL

UPDATE

Heat was the problem. Not everything came out in a day, but everything did come back out. Thx guys. I hope it work out for you to Gill. Not psychic, just been there done that I have my own 2 and we used those locks too. Great locks but they encourage the kids to climb a little sooner to get to the high places those can be placed.