Sign in to follow this  
tanktop74

YIKES!! Heater exploded!

My newish (3-4 months) titanium heater just exploded in my new saltwater I was mixing...

Lights in house were flickering and then I hear "KABOOM" (scary) :eek:(scary) from the basement.

2 questions for every one...

Have you ever had a titanium heater do this before...

AND Is my water ok or should I throw it out and start over?

Whoa, that's crazy! Isn't the point of titanium heaters that they *don't* explode? :)

Glad it was just in your mixing barrel!

Gillian

Beth has a talent for breaking heaters(whistle) Glad she was here and it was only in the salt mixing bin.

And no Mick don't think were' going to keep it...DOH!

ack thats crazy!! I've had mine start sizzling cuz i forgot to turn it off when i was draining my sump but never explode. I would contact the company and be looking to get a new one.

Toss the water too :/

• Like 1

What brand of heater? I just installed (like 10 minutes ago) a new Finex titanium heater because I have heard so many horror stories about the Stealth heaters.

• Like 1

What brand of heater? I just installed (like 10 minutes ago) a new Finex titanium heater because I have heard so many horror stories about the Stealth heaters.

It was an Aquaheat Eco plus heater with an external temp control and thermometer that went in the mixing barrel.

Funny thing is it was in 30 gal of saltwater that was up to temp, so not sure why it would explode.

For those that asked for pics i will take pics of what is left and post them tonight!

Going down to toss the water....argh.

gabe I just got 2 of the Fine titanium heaters with the last BRS group buy... guess I will be getting a third for the mixing barrel!

I am sorry to hear about your heater blowing up on you girls. It sure seems like there has been a lot of heater malfunctions as of late. This would of sure been a scary thing to happen if you weren't home, who knows what would of happened.

• Like 1

Beth wanted me to post pictures

Beth wanted me to post pictures of the exploded heater. Send coral donations instead of flowers...;)

DSC07055ARW.jpg

DSC07052ARW.jpg

DSC07053ARW.jpg

DSC07054ARW.jpg

• Like 1

There is a show on tv where they cut in half some ordinary stuff, like pinball machines, guns and so on. Beth, you should apply! LOL

Did someone say GUNS....................

Can I post a pic????

can I can I huh huh can I-(laugh)

Fine with me Brad just no unicorn meat okay!:p

man that heater look like a pipe bomb gone bad

glad to hear it was just a mixing tank and not a tank

Yes, it could have been worse.

Now I am nervous about my heater that one looks to be the same as mine...

I didn't think the titanium ones could do that. I have no clue why it happened.DOH!

If your going to throw it out I would like to have it.

Yes that's what the plan is Rick. They are all yours. If you are going to the xmas party I can hand them off to Jesse for you.

Crazy!!! Glad everyone is alright! Did it happen when they gave the bank bombing verdict?

I would bet it had a very small leak, and when the water hit the heating element, had a steam engine type effect.

Did someone say GUNS....................

Can I post a pic????

can I can I huh huh can I-(laugh)

It was a subliminal message (whistle)