January POTM Prizes

Emerald525

January POTM Prizes  

1. 1.

• A:Sell them and donate funds to TFT
    • B:Simply donate the corals to TFT
    • C:Hold on to them and roll them over to February POTM winner
    • D: Donate to cancer fund (mentioned in thread by rubberduck)
    • E:Sell and donate 1/2 to TFT and1/2 to cancer fund
    • F: Give the prizes to the POTM runner up
    • G: Other suggestions?

I am doing another prize pack for the January winner of the POTM. The prizes will be awarded at the January meeting which is at my place on Sunday January 16th!

Here are prizes so far:

From me these zoas and duncan

DSC07106ARW.jpg

DSC07015ARW.jpg

DSC07016ARW.jpg

Other donations!

1. 3 polyp nightmare frag (Coralcrazy)(clap)

2 3 polyp Magicians (noobtosalt)(clap)

3. Reefsafari has offered to donate as well (clap)

4. 6 pack Homebrew (Mohaynow) (clap)

So start submitting those pictures for the January contest and I am open to other donations!(clap)

• 3 weeks later...

Now what?! LOL

Since Steve has no warm-water aquarium!! :p :D (whistle) (scary) ;) (nono) (plotting) (scary) (scratch) :D (naughty)

Maybe this will kick Steve into gear and get an aquarium up and running!!! LOL

Congrats Steve!!!

Also congrats to all of the generous people out there!

LOL! I just was over at his place! Really amazing coldwater setup! Incredible! I just talked to Steve, he said I can do whatever I want with them. I can sell them and donate to TFT. Give them to the runner up or roll them over to the next POTM.

Sounds like it's time for another poll! ;)

i say a raffle to get money for cancer i cant remeber who posted about that but this could be a start(naughty)

And we can make that donation in the name of the club.

OR

TFT is good too.

Maybe split the revenue between the two. Whatever you decide Steve gave you the "OK".

And we can make that donation in the name of the club.

OR

TFT is good too.

Maybe split the revenue between the two. Whatever you decide Steve gave you the "OK".

All good thoughts. I will let the people decide (sorry poll time!) and yes Steve after he laughed said it was my call to do with the prizes as I want as he has no where to put them!(laugh)

To be honnest I don't really have a problem giving tons of things to tft but this was to help get the POTM going. I think it should go to the runner up if Steve doesn't want them. Me being one of the ones donating it just seems like the right thing to do. We try too hard to help everyone on the boards but this had nothing to do with TFT or a cancer raffle. These need to continue to stay separate.

Have you seen his coldwater setup Michael? I would love for him to put together a warmwater setup! I didn't realize that coldwater could have that kind of color.

His tank and sump are truly a work of art(drooler) and James from Envision does some amazing work (clap). I can see why he is world renowned.

Have you seen his coldwater setup Michael? I would love for him to put together a warmwater setup! I didn't realize that coldwater could have that kind of color.

His tank and sump are truly a work of art(drooler) and James from Envision does some amazing work (clap). I can see why he is world renowned.

I have not seen the NEW bigger and better setup. I have seen the old one along with the great reef tank that he got rid of in the last 2+ years. Steve does nothing half-arse and is a good guy period!

And James just builds quality! I have had the honor of working with him and seeing his work upclose before.

To be honnest I don't really have a problem giving tons of things to tft but this was to help get the POTM going. I think it should go to the runner up if Steve doesn't want them. Me being one of the ones donating it just seems like the right thing to do. We try too hard to help everyone on the boards but this had nothing to do with TFT or a cancer raffle. These need to continue to stay separate.

Sorry Jesse I missed this post earlier as you posted it the same time I did. That is a good point. The point is to get people excited about the POTM and interested in learning better picture taking skills...

Don't tunze us now with the donation.(nono)...(laugh) Sorry I couldn't resist!(laugh)

LOL! I just was over at his place! Really amazing coldwater setup! Incredible! I just talked to Steve, he said I can do whatever I want with them. I can sell them and donate to TFT. Give them to the runner up or roll them over to the next POTM.

Sounds like it's time for another poll! ;)

Wow that was really nice of him. I voted E. Why not let both charities get some love.

Congratulations

The majority wanted the prizes to go to the runner up there were two:

Mitchell (crab)

Grassi (powder blue tang)

Mitchell got first pick via coin flip!

Congratulations!(clap)(clap)(party)(cheer)

Mitchell chose the following:

magicians (noobtosalt), hippie eyes (me)

Grassi chose

nightmares (me, picked up)

microbrew (Mitchell is only 17, Mohaynow)

Nobody wanted the Duncan (sad) so it will be one of the raffle prizes for the meeting on January 16th

Congratulations Mitchell and Alex