QT what meds should i use?

jennyf78

if i were you, i would use a tank between 10 and 20 gallons. depressed salinity somewhere around 1.019 or 1.015 should be good. keep temp around 76. copper will effectively eliminate the ich. coppersafe, cupramine. either will work. but as for the fungus on the clown...are you sure its a fungus? is the clown breathing heavily?

id probably use a antibiotic or antibacterial medication for the fungus, fungii typically attack dying or diseased tissue caused by bacteria. definetely make sure the water quality in the QT remains excellent. saltwater maracyn should help with the fungus.

also check stats in the main system. check for fluctuations. it wont do your fish any good to get them healthy, and the put them back into a display that may be experiencing problems.

good luck!

i assume it is fungus, but i dont know much, its a fuzzy grey patch. i have para guard but i was told the methane blue in it was not good for gobis. the clown isnt breathing heavy. i check the water parameters once a week if not more. the temp changes 2 degrees in a 12 hour period. so if i put them both in the QT will the gobi be ok in with antibacterial even though he dosnt have the fuzzy stuff. and can i mix the copper and antibacterial.

start with the hypo and copper.

keep feedings very very light.

the bacterial infection should heal if the fish isnt having to fight off numerous infectious organisms at once. the hypo will allow the fish to do this. if in a few days the ich is gone, and the fungus appears to be worse, im fairly confident the maracyn and copper (if using coppersafe) can be used concurrently.

• 2 weeks later...

well i didnt listen and i lost my rainfords gobie, grrrrr! i didnt want to stress them out anymore than they were by taking them out, so i tried garlic. after a few days i had bristle worms floating to the top of the tank dont know if it had anythink to do with garlic but thats when it started. i am now doing hypo salinity for my clown. i dont know how they got this problem in the first place. i only added a couple of corals, but didnt add the water from the bag. ive tested the water and everything is good i was doing carbon at the time which i always do from time to time. i think next time it will be worth tearing up the tank to get the gobie out.