ich in the reef tank.

cschwarz

the blue tang is only about two inches and the long nose butterfly is about 3.5 inches and the yellow tang about two inches and the copper banded is about 4 inches. so right know i believe they are fine. i have a 185 gallon in storage just waiting to have a good reason to set it up lol.

OK. You've got 4 or 5 fairly large fish in a 40b. You've probably got a fair amount of rock in there along with some corals. So your fish have basically no room to move around. IMO these fish are WAAAAYYY too stressed in that tank. You need to remove at least 2 of those fish (preferably the largest ones) or get a much larger tank pronto. You can do everything under the sun to eradicate this parasite, but your fish will still be way too stressed in that environment and will never be healthy. I believe that stress is the number 1 cause of ich in a home aquarium. Keep your tank stress free and your fish will be healthy. This means water params steady and under control, lots of room to swim around, lots of good hiding places, etc.

Good luck

• Like 1