This Weeks Coral Shots (Lots of Pics)

Rick

Here are some coral shots I took over the last week. Comments Welcome.

(Also looking for more accurate descriptions whenever possible)

Chocolate Mint Candy Cane.

IMG_3504.JPG

Chocolate Mint Candy Cane with feeder tentacles extended.

IMG_3393.JPG

Red Mushroom.

IMG_3414.JPG

Joker Zoas/Palys

IMG_3428.JPG

Plating Montipora with Purple Rim and Purple Polyps (Capricornas? Idaho Grape?)

Probably need to wait for this to get bigger to make a closer guess on the true species.

IMG_3432.JPG

Purple with Green Stripe Mushroom.

IMG_3456.JPG

Rose Bubble Tip Anemone

IMG_3467.JPG

Nuclear or Radioactive Green Candy Cane (I've only seen one other person with these and I think they both came from the same colony)

IMG_3473.JPG

Bumpy Blue Speckled Purple Mushroom.

IMG_3481.JPG

Elephant Skin (Pachyseris Rugosa)

IMG_3482.JPG

Button Polyp? with green stripes

IMG_3487.JPG

Galaxea

IMG_3489.JPG

Green Duncan

IMG_3491.JPG

Birds Nest

(This pic actually shows several - Turbinaria, Jokers, Plating Monti, Mushrooms)

IMG_3493.JPG

Unknown Purple Zoanthid

IMG_3497.JPG

Teal Candy Cane behind the Radioactive/Nuclear Green one

IMG_3501.JPG

Green Pagoda Cup

IMG_3505.JPG

great looking pic's Rick!

Thanks.

Very nice pictures Rick. You should seriously do a photography demonstration at one of the meetings.

Thanks, We tried to do one at the meeting down south but we never got around to it with everything else that was going on.

Looks like your corals like the new tank.

They seem to. A lot of the ones that were not really doing much before are starting to show new growth and the colors are looking better which I think is due to the addition of the T5's.

Sweet looking corals Rick. I also have some Nuclear or Radioactive Green Candy Cane. They are one of my favorites.

Thanks, Most of the ones I see are the Neon green unstead. Still nice but not the super bright color of this one. Josh (Gradth) has one also which is the one I think came from the same colony. I started this one as a single head about 15 months ago and it has 4 now. I'm hoping to have a nice big colony of it in another year or two.

Well Rick, if nobody is hosting the January meeting, Beth and I would be happy to host it at our place and make photography 101 the topic if you're available. I'm also thinking as promised of organizing another prize pack for the POTM winner to start off the new year so it would go along well with this.

Well Rick' date=' if nobody is hosting the January meeting, Beth and I would be happy to host it at our place and make photography 101 the topic if you're available. I'm also thinking as promised of organizing another prize pack for the POTM winner to start off the new year so it would go along well with this.[/quote']

I might be able to do something then. Keep me posted.