WTB- laptop

dee77

I got a fairly new labtop with all the upgrades, the downside is the screen turns black after 30 minutes. Wait for Black Friday i saw alot of good deals on the web.

Vin B.O.M "Blue Ocean Marines Inc."

Send me a PM with details including all of the specs and what price you want for it.

It's the one i use for my shop here are the specs Rick;

--Compaq 15" lcd labtop

--AMD Turion 64 processor

--DVD rewritable/ built in wireless

--2 Gig of RAM/ 80 Gig hard drive

--Window Xp

I took it down to Fry's, they said the connector to the monitor might be loose. I'm so bad with computer thus afraid to take it apart. Plus i have another labtop and two other computer inside the house. I bought it brand new for $599, make me an offer Rick. I'm easy man!

--Compaq 15" lcd labtop

--Window Xp

I took it down to Fry's, they said the connector to the monitor might be loose. I'm so bad with computer thus afraid to take it apart. Plus i have another labtop and two other computer inside the house. I bought it brand new for $599, make me an offer Rick. I'm easy man!

I'll think i over a bit. I would prefer something with higher specs. but may still make an offer.

Note: If your interested I would be willing to take it apart and see if I can find the problem in exchange for frags or fish. My guess is that it isn't cooling well enough and is heating up the graphics card. If so it probably just needs to be cleaned.

--Compaq 15" lcd labtop

--Window Xp

Not to turn this into a nerdfest but have you tried running an external monitor as the display to see if that signal drops also? It would at least narrow it down to the video card/chipset or the built-in display cable.

Do you work for apple?

Being a Mac tech I see this kind of stuff all of the time. If indeed the video stays on externally then it's probably a failing inverter board or worse' date=' LCD panel.[/quote']

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko

I wish! No' date=' if any parts are needed I have to go by the books when ordering thru apple. You got a problematic apple?[/quote']

Nahh just need some help figuring some basic stuff out on one :) No probs at all.

I kind of work for apple. I work in an Apple authorized service center in lake oswego. I do repairs to any mac' date=' in warranty or not.[/quote']

Nice to know... :)

Have you experienced any issue with hard disk of new MacBook Pro? Like the one sold this year

Yes. The hard drive cable fails. Very common. Very stupid.

mine started doing some noise, like if it was working hard. Disk utility suggested to boot with the installation dvd and do a repair. I did and the noise went away. It seemed more like an hardware problem to me, so I'm still worried about it. Do you suggest to take it to a store for a check?

sorry for the OT :)

I'll think i over a bit. I would prefer something with higher specs.

I've got a laptop with higher specs you can buy....Core 2 Duo extreme 2.8GHz with 4Gigs DDR3, 32Gig Solid State HDD with additional 500Gig SATA, Dual 512mb Video Cards running SLI, Blue Ray burner, DVD burner, Alienware m17x, with plenty of other perks.(whistle)

Alienware....the only way to game.....Alienware, anything less would be uncivilized.

the drives in macbooks and macbook pros have sudden movement sensors. When the unit is moved the drive will click. That could be what you're hearing. Other than that, you could take it to a shop but if the unit is working then I wouldn't be to worried. We just tell our customers...Backup, backup backup.

Definitely! And our turn around has been about three business days lately. Just take it to any Mac Store (not apple store) and they will check it out or send it to the depot where I work. Another thing you could check is Activity Monitor in the utilities folder. There might be a program running in the background that is accessing the drive constantly. Time machine will also cause this. Also "indexing", when the magnifier glass in the upper corner has a pulsating dot in the center.