Need Volunteers for TFT project!

Emerald525

Need Volunteers for TFT project!  

1. 1.

• A:Saturday Dec 18th
    • B:Sunday Dec 19th
    • C:Monday Dec 20th
    • D:Would love to help out but can we do another weekend?
    • E:Let's just have Mr S set the whole thing up!

It's poll time again!(clap)(party)(yahoo)We all like polls

So Kimberlee a new member is trying to set up a tank for school for special needs school. I think that's awesome. Who doesn't love helping to set up tanks and for a good cause!(clap)Here's the link:

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?p=219796#post219796

She needs more volunteers. She only has one. So the question is what day would work for most people to help out. The original date was December 20th but I assume most people work. I know I do and doing polls does not pay my bills!

What date works best for everyone! Let's spread some positivity! Rainbows and corn dogs!(rock2)(rock2)

I'm not voting. I was also under the impression this was being set up in November. (If it's in December then count me out, it will be hard to get any volunteers at all for those days in Dec.) Please double check and be sure.

Like Jesse I will help if I can but I can't make a commitment at this point. We may be able to carpool over which may make some difference. (If he is like me he needs to limit his trips into Portland due to the cost of gas)

Do keep in mind that the "more the merrier" doesn't necessarily apply. At most about 3 people can be productive. Any more than that and it actually slows things down.

This is what was posted in the thread:

Now Mike the administrator has said I can pick the dates and he'll make sure we have access to the school. I was thinking Dec. 20th to set the tank up, giving it time to cycle and be stocked. We could stock 2 so that it would be ready when the children came back from winter break. This is a volunteer project all the way, so I will be relying on you great people to get this going. If you would like to volunteer please PM me so I know how many to expect.

This is our gift to the community this year and what a great gift it is, we have the entire school looking forward to the tank.

Thank you everyone for helping me help a school that gets forgotten to often.

Once the tank is cycled let me know. I have Christmas break off and I can drop off stuff at your place Kim so that you can acclimate it to her tank. Give me an idea of how much stuff she wants/can handle in the tank. I would suggest we start slow and add stuff weekly. In my experience kids really like to see new stuff added to the tank at a slow rate versus instant tank set up. JMO. Thanks for the votes for me guys. I will let Santa know.

Once the tank is cycled let me know. I have Christmas break off and I can drop off stuff at your place Kim so that you can acclimate it to her tank. Give me an idea of how much stuff she wants/can handle in the tank. I would suggest we start slow and add stuff weekly. In my experience kids really like to see new stuff added to the tank at a slow rate versus instant tank set up. JMO. Thanks for the votes for me guys. I will let Santa know.

That wasn't an option in my poll Roger!(laugh) And sure you can drop off stuff I just don't want all those nasty little aiptasia or hissing cockroaches!(laugh)

I would like to help too. We still have to setup our family plans... I will let you know as soon as I can.

I will dress up as bad santa for the event :)

Dressing up as bad Santa would be worth going for me.

The 11th probably won't work for me at all but the 12th might.

Based on what I can see the 18th. is probably the best date to do this. I probably will not be able to make it (though I will still try) however as I montioned earlier too many people can actually hinder it and make it take longer. I think 3 or 4 that know what they are doing is about the best number for doing this type of thing.

When it's time to stock the tank I think it may be a good idea if some of those that donate can actually do so when the kids are there. They could do a short talk on the items they are placing into the tank (what they are, how they eat, where they come from, things like that)

Based on what I can see the 18th. is probably the best date to do this. I probably will not be able to make it (though I will still try) however as I montioned earlier too many people can actually hinder it and make it take longer. I think 3 or 4 that know what they are doing is about the best number for doing this type of thing.

When it's time to stock the tank I think it may be a good idea if some of those that donate can actually do so when the kids are there. They could do a short talk on the items they are placing into the tank (what they are, how they eat, where they come from, things like that)

That's a great idea Rick!(clap) I hope you can make it but understand spending time with your son.

We might be able to have a couple of people add things a little time. It's always best to stock the tank that way anyway. From my understanding because of the nature of the school, it's a closed environment. A big group might not be possible w/ school in secession.

That is a great idea to Rick.it's some times hard to find the right tools to work with in this school, and you can't argue all kids love stuff like this. That makes it easy to teach.