New to hobby, sort of....

oneclowngoby4me

Hey, My name is April and I am sorta new to the hobby. Jennyf78 is my roommate and shes had her tank for almost a year. I'm Loveing it!

But now I want to start my own. Been attracted to nanos for years. So starting this weekend I am going to start my own 10 gallon nano. I already have my tank, salt, 65 watt light, HOB filter for flow, power head for flow. Gonna get a heater, live rock and sand this weekend. CAN'T WAIT! (clap)

After its cycled I would love to get a clown goby. Had one in Jens tank named Squirt. :D I would love some zoas. (Will go and see Jody aka reefboy for those) LOL! Jens got some from him. Pom Poms, Mushrooms and whatever else catches my eye. Mostly soft corals to start out with till I upgrade lighting.

Well I will let u know how it goes and will take pictures. Hope to meet u all and learn from u as well. Take care!

(welcome) (To) (P) (N) (W) (M) (A) (S) (clap)

I see that reef itch is spreading...soon it's going to take over the world!

Post some before and after pics of your setup. Should be sweet. nanos are hard to maintain...had one...gave up, just required too much attention.

Doing a little research before you buy? I like your style. For this fish the tank top should be screened or covered in a way that it can't jump out (I.E. canopy and gutter guard or some kind of top). For my nano I am making a slotted acrylic piece to cover the top so the condensation doesn't build on the cover and block light. Also for clown gobies make positively sure its eating before you buy, they are hard to get eating. But thats a general rule with any fish purchase. Worst case throw in some baby brine out of a mini hatchery, they will usually eat those to get them started, If so step up to cyclopeeze and move up to larger what you plan on feeding. Good luck and welcome to the site.