F40LM CAR build thread...

BADBaxter

Alright...

I didn't mean to Hijack the 17,000 gal Reefzilla tank build thread...

So...

Let me introduce you to a GREAT friend of mine...

Roland

pic-15.jpg

Roland is a self made man... never finished school... ran away from the orphanage...

He is an example of you can be ANYTHING you want to be.

Yes... the arm bands behind are from his years of racing motorcycles...

In fact 5 time world GT Champion (first to go 200mph at Nurinburgring:))

Won LeMans 3 time , stock Porsche, '68, '69 and '71.

He was paralyzed for 12 years...

His dream was to own a Ferrari...

Not just ANY Ferrari... an F40LM

This is what he bought for $40,000

pic-01.jpg

pic-02.jpg

pic-03.jpg

Check out the melted turbos and intake...

pic-04.jpg

I put together a presentation for him to show the Dream being built...

I will share with you if ya want

That IS amazing 40k for that.

Out of curiousity..what did the F40LM go for new??

Im WAY interested in hearing more as well. : )

I got to drive a ferrari a couple of years ago............ YAY!!!! lol

I think my friend paid 240 for it or something like that.........Im not familiar but im guessing the f40lm is quite a bit more than that even......

Ronjr

It was purchased by a Microsoft exec.... Who is to remain nameless (whistle) ... He did not have the car ling before it ended up at the 'yard'. The car was found on it's way to the metal melter... The scrap yard found out what the car was worth... Roland ended up buying it.

It was found in the fine state of Washington...

OK... more photos.

The F40LM is a full race version of the F40 street car (LM for LeMans). LeMans did not see the F40LM race except for some trials (3... I think... :) ). The car is fully race equipted with items such as Nitrogen operated jacks to raise it to change tires and repair... full carbon fiber shell... Titaniam and carbon fiber throughout, aluminium oil and gas tanks, etc.

The car was stripped naked...

pic-05.jpg

Not much for a frame...

CHECK OUT THE GARAGE!

pic-07.jpg

pic-21.jpg

THe LM versins of the F40 have the large inverted scoop in the front (as seen in car 51), the street version has the 2 little air ducts...

The car is getting fitted with a hand rolled aluminum roof and a custom carbon fiber dash.

pic-08.jpg

How many F40's do you see?

What other toys are there?

What is the silver car in the backgroung?

Well... since the F40's did not end up racing LeMans on a large scale... Roland was able to buy a spare motor from someone who was speculation that the motors would be rare and needed fast in case of a wreck or something... This person purchased a few of theses and sat on them for 4-5 years... Roland bought one off of Ebay... for an undisclosed sum... He said it was pennies on the dollar!

The motor was completely dissassembled and rebuilt for more ponies and to ensure that everything was in order. Twin turbo, dual overhead cam Pure Ferrari V8... Notice the wastegate on the top of the exhaust... Shots flames at full boost out about 3 feet!

pic-06.jpg

Oh... Here is one of my toys....

930-01.jpg

930-02.jpg

0 - 60 in 4.3 seconds...

Oh....

The F40 LM was about 0 - 60 in 2.8 seconds... Top speed about 245 mph. You had to pull your 'Ahem :eek: & (scary) ' out of the seat after that rush!

More to come...

I have some really cool vids to post... Is there a site that can accept 3 gigs of movies for a month or so?

It's funny how fast the cars start to collect, especially when you race. Our cousin has 4 or 5 race ready cars which are somewhat obsolete now that Nascar pulled the plug this year...who knows how many wreckers laying around in and out of the shop here and there. The last car he built was raced only once at the all-star race in November.

So far my car wishes have come in reverse order except I don't have the chance of racing myself anymore, just watch the cousin and uncles.

I'm still waiting for my 1st dream car which was a red Carrera with a whale tale. (was 8 years old at the time back in '77), 2nd was a blue Toyota 4x4 with a canopy and a bed in the back. 3rd was a Z28.

First car I got was a Z28, then ended up with the truck, now I'm just waiting for the first dream to come....

What's with the Cayenne? They should stick to what they know best, don't try making SUV'S!

Alright... more detail.

Starting to put the motor and tranny together...

pic-19.jpg

pic-16.jpg

Prepping the frame... making the things that cannot be found or bought...

pic-13.jpg

pic-14.jpg

Putting it all together...

pic-10.jpg

pic-11.jpg

pic-12.jpg

New carbon fiber body... mold was taken from another F40LM.... Cannot purchase anymore...

pic-17.jpg

pic-18.jpg

pic-20.jpg

Fitting the seat for Roland....

pic-09.jpg

Thanks,

BIlly

Yes... The F40 was completed in 2002.. If I remember correctly. :)

Roland paid 29K for the motor... He met the dealer who ordered/delivered the motors to the 'speculator'... He said that the person paid more than 4 times that... only to see it in a crate and sold it at quite a loss..

Hey Impur...

If you buy the tickets (Me included...) to West Palm Beach at the end of the month...

Roland said He would give you (or someone!) one h3ll of a ride!

You already have children... right?

A few more of the build...

Then you will see the FUN!

]

That reminds me of the tour I got of the Corvette factory. My best friend knew one of the guys that ran the testing department so we got a special backstage tour. It's the most scared I've ever been in a car in my life! They do things on the test tracks that I didn't think was possible at those speeds, especially on the rough terrain parts of the track flying through the curves.

I'd be up for some more of that fun :)

More Toys...

Impur would not be able to have kids after peeling his %$# out of the seat from behind him...

Man it really hurts!

I will hopefully get some more photos up...

Other cars in the lineup...

Jag XJR-15... V12 mid engine, 450+BHP, straight cut gears... have to double clutch.. The car was driven by Bob Wolleck.... Lots of vids... Can't find any digital photos... have to scan some in...

Champion Motorsport Factory 993 Turbo #72 LeMans, 830+BHP Driven by Hans Stuck and Derrick Bell. ( now all of us!).

champion1a1.jpg

Argo... Raced LeMans... Bob brought in over from Europe Not sure what became of this car...

argo1a.jpg

Audi SPICE...

grey1a.jpg

Have a great vid of an Audi racing a mountain course... not for the faint of heart...

The ranch is now sold... Wait until I show pics of the BBQ... :D

soon... HIGH SPEED INTERNET! no more dialup!