2010 Christmas Party

stylaster

For me it isn't the price, I would have been fine paying $30 each.. but what you get for the price. Chinese food is just notoriously a $10/person meal. Obviously I wasn't around for a while, (returned to work from maternity leave, dealing with newborn, and 5 weeks of bronchitis) so I didn't help with the hunt for a location.

Either way it sounds like it's a done deal, but as a member I did want to express my feelings on it.

This I understand. I know not everyone will be able to give their opinoin on every issue. But some that could have spoken up before didn't and now have expressed their dislike.

But I think the final cost will be closer to a $12-13 per person cost. And remember this is for food, a drink, and the use of the room. Which isn't cheap let alone free.

So again lets wait until Roy comes out with a final price before everyone makes up their minds on this matter, please.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never spoke up because I didn't care where it was. I just enjoy learning new stuff from everyone. I can't stand most asian food but its not about the food. I say lets party it up at kwans!

This I understand. I know not everyone will be able to give their opinoin on every issue. But some that could have spoken up before didn't and now have expressed their dislike.

But I think the final cost will be closer to a $12-13 per person cost. And remember this is for food, a drink, and the use of the room. Which isn't cheap let alone free.

So again lets wait until Roy comes out with a final price before everyone makes up their minds on this matter, please.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I never spoke up because I didn't care where it was. I just enjoy learning new stuff from everyone. I can't stand most asian food but its not about the food. I say lets party it up at kwans!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Hey Noob- if that is in some way backing my opinion up........... Thank You! ;)

I believe it will be a great party with great raffle prizes!!

• 2 weeks later...
Kim is your party during the day too? My company party is on the 12th too, but at night...

If you want, we have some time... we can make a life size Kim doll to help you sneak out undetected!

Yes, my party is during the day at 2pm and I would so ditch it for all the freaking awesome raffle prizes here but it's hard to ditch when you're hosting!DOH!DOH!

A life sized Kim doll.... not going there.....(nono):p

Love your signature by the way Jamie and I will do what I can do to keep Alex in line but I'm a tank junkie too!(laugh)

Kwan's is hand's down the best chinese in salem .... a little spendy but worth it. Unless of course it has gone down hill since i moved. Mr. Kwan is getting a bit older.

Anyhow I'm in if we add mongolian beef (Hot) to the list ... otherwise I will have to order my own food. I've fiended for the stuff ever since I moved.

Seriously though I'd spend 20 bucks @ kwans befoe I'd spend 10 elsewhere. Mr Kwan has helped more than a few of my friends that were down on thier luck over the years. He's a standup guy, and the food is top notch.

First post update with new donations.

Still should be more to come!!!

Wow some nice stuff from some big names, great job whoever worked on that!, What is this one of those [language filter] Veggie menus, I voted, wheres the beef, bbq pork!!

Just kidding I'll be there!, it was a great meeting and party last time. Thanks for putting this together

Ok got the price down to 14.00 per person' date=' this includes the food items and water or tea. That's the best we can do and i think that's pretty darn good! I hope to see you all there, or not more goodies for el presidente to win![/quote']

Sounds good Roy! Cant Wait!