2010 Christmas Party

stylaster

The club Christmas Party will be at Kwans on 12-12-2010 from 1-5pm!

Kwans Chinese Kitchen

835 Commercial St SE

Salem, OR 97302

503-362-7711

Our food list is going to be:

UPDATED 11-22

Vegetable egg rolls

Szecheuen Beef

Sweet Sour Chicken

BBQ Pork Fried Rice

Sweet sour pork

Vegetable lo mien

rice

Tea

Cookies

This list is $14.00 per person

And since this is a BUFFET style eating we will need everyone to pay the club thru PayPal in advance. The club will then pay the ticket for the dinner as one bill.

This is a No Host Bar. So if someone would like a Beer/Mixed Drink that is an extra out of their own pocket!!

We believe that both menus include a soda/drink, but we can double check that when we talk to Mr. Kwan.

Thank you all and hope to see you there. Lots of great things to raffle away!!!!

Here is a little sample of a few things that will be raffled at this years Christmas Party!

AirWaterIce- Ro/di unit and (2) 50.00 gift certificates

Premium Aquatics- refractometer and 3 thermometers

Aquatic Life- submersible pump

Tunze- CO2 regulator and a 6045 PH

Dr. Foster & Smith- gift certificate

Genesis Reef Systems- 2 gift certificates

Lifegard Aquatics- test kit and carbon

DTs- (12) 15oz bottles

Ecological Laboratories- box of additives

SERA- food, test kit

Fantastic frags- 100.00 gift certificate

Sea Dwelling Creatures- 3 RidX products, a DE bulb, and a SE bulb

Danner Mfg- Mag2

Mighty Magnets- 50.00 gift cert

EcoSystems- additives and PH mod kits

HBH- fish food

CORAL magazine- Issues and calendars plus 3- one year subscriptions

Fluval 305 and AquaClear 50 from Hagen (added 11-20)

Additive from SeaChem (added 11-20)

Hagen Aquaclear HOB filter and Fluval 305 filter (added 12-1)

Reeflo Blackfin 2000 pump (added 12-1)

Davey Jones Locker 50.00 gift certificate

Golden Basket candy cane coral and a red wellsophyllia

Plus more to come!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I'm skipping this meeting too, sorry folks, but 18 bucks a head at a chinese restuarant, no offense, is just too much, I could see that if we were going to a Olive Garden or something, but we didn't pay near that much last year...I just can't justify driving to Salem an then spending another 40 bucks on food for the 2 of us. Have fun guys :P The Xmas parties are always fun lol.

I just cant justify spending a hundred bucks guys, 40 on gas 40 on food n then 20 or so on the raffle, if it was a pf changs, olive garden or something along those linea, i could justify it, but at this point i just cant.

An no worries Jon you're gonna be comin up here once Jess n I get our house lol.

This place was one of the options that the club had and that would work for us.

All of these suggestions would have been nice to have about 2 months ago when we asked for them. When we started looking for a venue to hold the Xmas Party.

So remember that for next year when the topic comes up.

I'm not going for the food anyways. So I could care less. Its the reefin family that I want to visit during the holidays. Ok that sounded like a hallmark card but visiting and learning from everyone is what makes it worth while. Not the food.

This place was one of the options that the club had and that would work for us.

All of these suggestions would have been nice to have about 2 months ago when we asked for them. When we started looking for a venue to hold the Xmas Party.

So remember that for next year when the topic comes up.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

AGAIN, $18.00 was a starting point! Once the 7 menu items are choosen and the menu is finalized with Kwans, Roy will tell us the final price!!

The reason for the poll was to get the favorites down to a smaller number so we can get the price lowered. So don't worry about the price until Roy finalizes the menu with Kwans!!

Hopefully Roy will have news in the next couple of days........ atleast by weeks end.

For me it isn't the price, I would have been fine paying $30 each.. but what you get for the price. Chinese food is just notoriously a $10/person meal. Obviously I wasn't around for a while, (returned to work from maternity leave, dealing with newborn, and 5 weeks of bronchitis) so I didn't help with the hunt for a location.

Either way it sounds like it's a done deal, but as a member I did want to express my feelings on it.