Whats a good RO/DI?

dippin61

What I have is the aquasafe maximus unit from ebay - bunch of us has it. decently priced at $130 or so. Great customer service.

And the water that comes out of it doesn't taste bad. Actually taste better than water from the brita filter.

Well it really depends who you ask!! The people that spent 300+ on their units will call Sean's unit, and my unit as well a waste of money. But when you get down to it, i spent $130 shipped for my filterdirect unit. I've been using it for almost 3 years and have changed the DI resin once. I just tested again yesterday and still 0tds. I am planning on changing the sediment and carbon filters in the coming month. It came with a 3 gal storage tank, a faucet adapter, a drinking water faucet, and all the plumbing parts need to hard plumb it. I couldn't be happier with this unit.

I do plan on changing my di resin chamber though. I'd like a vertical one that is larger than the one i have.

where did you pick yours up impur? does it have an inline tds meter? or will i need to go pick one up?

im just really new when it comes to ro/di's. i have no idea about any of them, or how they really work lol

im not looking for anything real special. just either a 50-75 gpd unit, dont need a drinking water faucet. it will have its own dedicated water line to plumb into.

but it just needs to work, consistently :p

If you play your cards right, you won't waste as much water depending on how/where you install it. I'm thinking of plumbing one in my laundry closet so when the water rushes to the washing machine, the RO/DI goes into the storage container. Need to do more research though when the time comes.