What about special needs schools?

Kimberlee

Agreed, thats why we'll set up on the 20th and stock the third of the next month. Jan. 3. Is that enough time to cycle? or would anyone suggest waiting longer?

Please everyone I'm new to the hobby, so all advice is welcome.

Yes, I would suggest a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks.

Kimberlee is there a way you could change the date to the weekend instead. I know you would get more volunteers that way. I would love to help out but I work all day Monday but would be available the 18th or 19th. We all love tank projects and builds.(clap)

They said what ever I needed so let me talk w/ the administrator tomorrow, than get back to eveyone.

In the mean time it would be helpful if others who would like to be there could give me an idea of the best day for them.

In Summary

Alright, Kimberlee asked me to do a quick wright up of what and who we have.

So In Summary:

Volunteers For the Day of December 18Th:

Emerald525

tanktop74

Smann

Electrokate ?

Rick ?

NoobtoSalt ?

SquidHC

Grassi ?

Stylaster

LC Scott

So If I left anyone out, want in or something changes and you can't make it, PM me and I'll update the list.

Equipment That has been committed so far.

Tank a 40b

Sump

T5 Lights ($50 more to pay for it.)

Rock

Livestock

Stand and Hood ( being built on the 21 and 22 Nov.)

Sand

65w PC light bulbs

AS This list changes I'll update this list.

The Things that are still in need.

Timer(s)

Bulkheads?

The various pipe fittings for the drain and return 1" and 3/4"

Power strip

Test Kit.

Salt

Water source (Need to check the school to see if they have filtered water and if they do what type.)

A list of the things I'm missing for this list.:)

We have lights just need 50 dollars!

I found a smoking deal on T5 lights that will work well for this tank!(clap) With the percentage of money I sold for the corals you just need 50 dollars more to pay for these!

It's perfect! It's a T5 from pacific coast. YOu should be able to do zoas, other softies, some lps, and a few sps like birdnest

T6light002.jpg

T6light003.jpg

tankwlight005.jpg

I'm good till 3pm that day, unless someone is driving back to Tigard then Ive got till 4pm or so.

Kim:

Wow, that's a great price. I'll see what is left to chip in after the BRS buy. I have a short list so it shouldn't be that bad. :)

glass hole saw, bulkheads,test kits, and and and.....

Lights

Those light are perfect, great job Emerald525. I'll be going out Tue. to trade out some of my frags for some frags I intend to auction off for the remaining funds needed on those lights.

I will post pics of the frags tue. afternoon, and start the acution after 5pm wed. night.

I'm good till 3pm that day, unless someone is driving back to Tigard then Ive got till 4pm or so.

Kim:

Wow, that's a great price. I'll see what is left to chip in after the BRS buy. I have a short list so it shouldn't be that bad. :)

glass hole saw, bulkheads,test kits, and and and.....

Those light are perfect, great job Emerald525. I'll be going out Tue. to trade out some of my frags for some frags I intend to auction off for the remaining funds needed on those lights.

I will post pics of the frags tue. afternoon, and start the acution after 5pm wed. night.

You should also thank aquariansaltwater who I am getting the lights from. Not only did he go down on the price for me when I told him they were going to the school project. He's going to personally deliver them to me!

Nice job Kim. Let me know about LR. I have some that was donated. Also when you are planning on putting live stuff in the tank. If you can wait, I can deliver over Christmas break. Winter holiday for those of you who want the politically correct alternative. LMK