What about special needs schools?

Kimberlee

Thank you for being a great parent and adding to your son's school. It makes me proud of the worth of our club!

You guys are great, and thx for the good parent compliment, but I want this to happen for the school. I'm just blessed that this school exists, because I don't want to think of where my son would be without them.

What sucks is that they go unnoticed, their not part of the regular school system, and not many of the parents are involved.

I am not sure if Roger has responded to you or not yet but you do not need to wait for him to get started. If you can get the application filled out and sent in we can get the process started for you. I am sure roger will respond shortly.

Dave

I've looked at the app. myself, and wasn't sure it would fit this school. I have talked to the school administrator to make sure they even had an interest, they do.

part of why I'm unsure about the app. is I'm thinking this the program would be of benefit to the whole school. I did inform Mike(administrator) that they would need someone in the school who is willing to maintain the tank, and he seemed sure that wouldn't be a problem. I am hoping Roger will consider allowing me to work w/ the school as far as web pages on the tank go?

I will e mail Mike the app. tomorrow.

I'm glad to hear you might be getting a tank. Mike is a great guy and the program is amazing. Ive seen so many kids benefit from it. I used to work for the Pioneer Program at the High School an also at the Division locations. Ive worked everywhere there except the annex. Keep us posted. I might have to swing by and check out the tank and say hi to old coworkers.

I'm glad to hear you might be getting a tank. Mike is a great guy and the program is amazing. Ive seen so many kids benefit from it. I used to work for the Pioneer Program at the High School an also at the Division locations. Ive worked everywhere there except the annex. Keep us posted. I might have to swing by and check out the tank and say hi to old coworkers.

Must give you a personal thx, my sons been there 2 years, and that school is amazing as well as anyone I've ever worked w/ there!

Sorry, just got back to town. Weekend with my Mom. Welcome aboard. It sounds like an awesome opportunity for the kids. My students and even the ones I don't have are constantly staring at the tanks. I even have kids get kicked out of classes for behavior and ask to sit in my room and chill out while I am teaching class. The tanks are very soothing besides the educational factors. I would try, if possible to see if you can set up the tank in a display case or somewhere where it is highly visible and can be monitored. I have never had any problems with students dropping things in but they do like to put their fingers in the tanks and tap on the sides. They mean no harm but the first few weeks I have to give "gentle" reminders on how to look and act around the tanks. My next best advice is "Don't buy anything until you talk to me" if I don't have it I can scrounge it. Most people in the forum know this about me!! Also you have great resources in the Portland area. All the shops are also very pro TFT. So let them know. Don't hesitate to contact me. I will not get annoyed! This is how I got all my stuff :)

Sorry' date=' just got back to town. Weekend with my Mom. Welcome aboard. It sounds like an awesome opportunity for the kids. My students and even the ones I don't have are constantly staring at the tanks. I even have kids get kicked out of classes for behavior and ask to sit in my room and chill out while I am teaching class. The tanks are very soothing besides the educational factors. I would try, if possible to see if you can set up the tank in a display case or somewhere where it is highly visible and can be monitored. I have never had any problems with students dropping things in but they do like to put their fingers in the tanks and tap on the sides. They mean no harm but the first few weeks I have to give "gentle" reminders on how to look and act around the tanks. My next best advice is "Don't buy anything until you talk to me" if I don't have it I can scrounge it. Most people in the forum know this about me!! Also you have great resources in the Portland area. All the shops are also very pro TFT. So let them know. Don't hesitate to contact me. I will not get annoyed! This is how I got all my stuff :)[/quote']

So, I can go ahead w/ the project?

I dont have as much as I'd like but I'll start the project by a donation of, food and test supplies I'll also make a list of whats need so everyone knows what they can help with. I am happy and grateful for anything that others can do, and will go to the school Fri. to pick a spot for the tank deiced how big a tank is appropriate. I'll post some pics of the school and future location of the tank.

Good advice and ideas are considered great donations.Thx everyone for your support and enthusiasm.

Seeing as I'm not going to get a choice, I may as well as volunteer.

I can swing a hammer. Just let me get this strait do we or don't we use the hammer when making drain holes for the sump? ;)

Give it up for this one, he will be building stand and hood, we'll just keep the tank somewhere away from him until he puts the hammer down

I would be more than happy to physically build the tank and sump for free labor. I might need help with the acrylic though, depending on size, as I'm a seriously broke college student. I have some good sources though, so it might not be an issue. Just depends on size. Let me know.

While waiting to decided where in the school the tank will go, I thought it would be a good thing to post for what I know will be needed. So if anyone knows where to get a good deal on finished wood for the stand, please pass on the info. We have some one who can build it no problem.