Greetings pnwmas

Mohaynow

Hello,

i have been in the hobby for about a year now and have been looking for a local group for about the same time. I dont know what to say so heres some pics of my tank lol.

its 90 gallons and has beed running for about a month now, i just upgraded from a 55 gallon. i have a 4x54w t5 tek light and i run 2 aquablue+ 1 actinic+ and 1 6500k daylight bulbs (all giessman). I lost track of how much rock is in there, probably 50 lbs or something like that. Anyways let me know what ya think.

th_2010-10-15023.jpgth_2010-10-15024.jpgth_2010-10-15033.jpgth_2010-10-15026.jpgth_2010-10-15030.jpgth_2010-10-15029.jpgth_2010-10-15034.jpgth_2010-10-15025.jpg

Welcome to the site!! Tank looks great. You might need to add a couple more T5s to that tank, but obviously wait and see how things do. I have 6-54w T5 on my 75 gal which has the same dimensions but isn't as tall. My SPS need to be up towards the top to get the best colors.

But now that i check out more of the pics, it doesn't look like you have SPS (laugh)

Thanks for the comments!

Impur, yea i need to get a 6 bulb fixture eventually. the 4 bulb worked great on my 55 but the 90 is a lot bigger. I have tried sps in the past but have never had much luck.

a quick question for whoever may have an answer. i get a lot of bubbles that form on my rock in the evening. any insight as to what that might be?

There are a few things that can cause bubbles on the rocks. First is simply nitrates turning into nitrogen. When they do it will bubble up. If it's from this then your in good shape. Second is that you could be pumping air into the tank (small leak in the return line will do this). If so then chances are your going to see air at the return. Third is that some types of algae will create bubbles. I don't recall the name offhand but one of them can be pretty nasty.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

New Fish!

This is the closest thing to a tank thread I have, and I dont think this is new thread worthy. But... I got a new fish.

DSC03300.jpg

4 tangs is kinda pushing the limit for a 90 but I got a 150 that I will soon be moving into. And I just couldnt resist it.

I had the lights out for a few days and they are still getting used to each other, but everyone still has all their fins. I also think that since the new fish, the powder blue, is 3 times the size of the powder brown, is helping to keep the brown from going nuts.