New favia, acan

impur

I was out and about this weekend and found a couple nice pieces i couldn't pass up.

I've always liked this favia, just never saw it available. Has some interesting palys on it as well, i'm hoping they turn more green kinda like the nuc greens (drooler)

100_0047.jpg

100_0049.jpg

And i found this acan in the same tank. Has around 30-35 polyps on it. Got a great deal on this one

100_0046.jpg

100_0048.jpg

And finally got a pic of my hermans reds zoos. Really cool red on these guys

100_0050.jpg

I didn't do anything special for my last acan. Its on the sand, has medium-high flow over it. I have 2 layers of eggcrate over that side of the tank as well as some mesh to help block the light. I'm not burning another coral, taking the overly precautious route. They will grow faster if you feed them, but i just let them eat what they can catch when i feed the fish. Occasionally i'll feed the colony mysis, but its such a pain with the cleaner shrimp. I have to stand there till they are done eating and ward off the shrimp the whole time otherwise he will pull the food right out of their mouths.

The favia looked really cool last night, had all its feeders out flowing the in the water. Did the same thing right after feeding.

These 2 pieces sure raised my spirits after all the problems i've had. :D