Zoanthid Grow Out Competition contestants please read and vote.

CA2OR

Zoanthid Grow Out Competition contestants please read and vote.  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I have been giving this a lot of thought regarding the losses experienced here.

What do you guys think about me recutting frags and redistributing them? They would be same polyp count, but I am going to frag 2 colonies to make sure we have a back up. I can even just distribute the other colony's frags and use those....you can keep current ones as freebies.

I know this isn't totally fair to those still alive which is why I ask the group. I am open to suggestions. But if we did go this route I would restart the competition with the new frags. The idea to this competition is to win by outgrowing others...not by out surviving them.

Looking for votes from the following people.

1. Toddcarpenter

2. Wegotjs

3. Coralcrazy

4. Sharoleb

5. Rgrcrain

6. Pitaloo

7. Reefnjunkie

8. Moto826

9. Dee77

10. Lewisriverfisherman

11. Reefit

12. Jackaninny

13. Toxicpoison

14. Mr S

15. Noobtosalt

Should only be 15 votes here.

Personally I really dont care.... But i'm voting no because if we were gonna do it' date=' it should have been 2 or 3 weeks ago when everyone was reporting the trouble. Not now that things are actually growing for some of us. JMO[/quote']

I feel to blame for the delay in this. I have been quite busy preparing to move....by myself.....with 2 kids and no help....taking a lot of preplanning. So I haven't been keeping up with this thread.

My apologies.

Either way is fine with me.....I just wanted to allow the contestants a voice to speak in the decision.

I could be TOTALLY way off base here, and coupled the fact I don't know a whole lot about Zoanthids, but it just seems everyone is jumping the gun, and getting either nervous or impatient. I have been trying to follow the one grow out I am involved in, and it just seems they have been moved around so many times to different peoples tanks that I have lost track of where and who has what. I am totally ok with some melting thats just the way it goes, its happened to me before and its something to expect, but I think keeping things where they are and hoping for the best is....well the best(scratch)....

I understand the pressure of having to keep something and grow it out for a whole group....thats pressure I didn't want to have...but those growers must realize that there is no pressure, I for one participated in the grow out as I thought it was fun, I have NO expectations of getting EVERYTHING on the list for my growout....heck if I get one or two polyps I figure it was worth it, its supposed to be fun right?

It just seems like when one is not growing as fast or one is not doing well, they get moved to someone else...which makes me wonder if that is added stress to the colony? if moving them does any good? to me its better to just keep them where they are at, and forget about them....let them do thier thing....and give it time...some seem more sensitive than others, so by messing with them it makes me wonder if that is a detriment to the colony....?

I say....Don't worry about it, the zoanthid growouts where not something that was going to happen overnight, I am not itchin to get my part of the zoas, I know its going to take time....we are not going to be able to grow them any faster....right? Just everyone relax, leave them in your tanks and forget about them....when the updates come, and there has been no growth...thats totally fine, thats how it goes...you don't have to feel bad about it, some grow like weeds and some don't....if they are melting on you, then there is a good chance it would have melted in someone elses tank as well...thats just how it goes....just relax, this is supposed to be fun...and its supposed to take time....Zoanthids melt, they grow slow, they grow fast......its just the "Nature of the Beast"....right?

Edit:......Are you talking about just your growout....or all of them?

Ummm.. good lookin' frag Reefit.

Yeah we need to start over. can I change my vote?

He used Photoshop for his pictures... I was just there and it didn't look like that. Ok well maybe it did look that good. I don't really care. I have some zoa's in my tank that supposedly don't grow very fast at all and are taking off like crazy. And these for some reason are not doing a thing in my tank..

I will vote yes only on the sole factor of the others that lost their zoa's within the first few days. I think it would be ok if Eric is willing to frag up some more for us. But either way now that my tank is doing better Robert is going down!!!

It seems like these frags were cut and then distributed right away. If polyps are falling off the frag plug then in my opinion they are not healed right and are still new. This is just my opinion. I mean no offense here at all just stating my opinion. I am okay with starting over if everyone else it for it.

nice frag robert glad to see you got some growth there!!!:eek:

I have not voted, but it seems the majority is saying start over-I'll go with what ever the majority decides

Initially I had 2 polyps "let loose" so they did not die, after that happened I just counted myself out.

I'm fine either way

That's the spirit! jump on board!

Here I was talking so much smack about my frag growing out so fast and I'm in the same boat as most of you..(laugh)

It seems like these frags were cut and then distributed right away. If polyps are falling off the frag plug then in my opinion they are not healed right and are still new. This is just my opinion. I mean no offense here at all just stating my opinion. I am okay with starting over if everyone else it for it.

nice frag robert glad to see you got some growth there!!!:eek:

No they had plenty of heal time.....I think it was the .99 cent store glue that is blowing it here.

I will also go w/ majority here. If it's decided yes then sweet, if not I'm not heart broken. I was disappointed since I've been having killer growth lately. Technically, only 3 of mine let loose. the others got "goopy" and I tossed them. I'd be down for a new frag if the ones who are still alive are good w/ it.