WTB: Dehumidifier

Frogger

Ya, no kiddin. Actually, I just figured out that I have something better than a dehumidifier in my home...A heat exchanger. We rarely use it. I found out that you can hook it up to a humidistat and it is very efficient at removing humidity. Anyone have any experience with these?

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up chiefs dehumidifier and my windows are clear as glass now. I got a 20 liter per day it didn't do much, but the 50 liter per day worked much better but its really, really loud so be prepaired to find a place that you can live with the noise.

so you know my house is 1100 sq ft and the tank is 155 gallon (give you an idea of my water problem)

for now same room. I was running the 20 liter in the main bedroom, but ran without it and the 50 still keeps the rooms dry as long as you open the doors. Now I just need an outdoor humidity reader so I know when I can open the outside doors, even though thats not going to happen till i warms up.

Ya I was very impressed with the bionaire 20, I could sleep with it in my bedroom right next to the bed, it was extremely quiet, it just didn't have the performance I needed with a fishtank. I returned it and they gave me my money back for the unit and shipping, how nice of them :D

Ya I was very impressed with the bionaire 20' date=' I could sleep with it in my bedroom right next to the bed, it was extremely quiet, it just didn't have the performance I needed with a fishtank. I returned it and they gave me my money back for the unit and shipping, how nice of them :D[/quote']

Yeah, for as big as my bionaire 40 is, it is fairly quiet and well worth the 120 bucks shipped...

It all has to do with your evaporation of tank and airflow through house. If you have central air its less of a problem if you can cycle the air but I have a heat pump only so the same air is circulated and humidity stays inside, I am running t-5 with about 2 gallons evap a day into room.