WTB: Dehumidifier

Frogger

I don't know what you would use it for, but you have to remember those particulates where floating in your house and who knows that they attached to. Then a DH has a cold coil that air passes past attracting water and runs down the coil to a catch pan or container. I wouldn't trust them for much more than using for laundry wash water.

I'm not sure how big your tank is, I had a 40 gallon and it was fine went to about 180 gallon and windows are terrible with mildew starting to show up in some spots behind furniture, I wont get mine till Monday but I will run it hard plumbed to a floor drain set to about 45% relative hum to start and see what happens. I'm sure it will clear up the problem.

We've been using dehumidifiers in the bedrooms and it makes a world of difference!

No more water running down the windows, or mold spots on the walls.

They are "loud" though!

GReat idea with the floor drain! Will have to look into that, since we are emptying ours about every 3 days!

nice I seen that, I went with the smaller unit simply because I heard complaints about the noise, is it

"as" loud in comparison to regular DH's?

It is suppose to be quiet...I figure it could not be much worse then the smaller one...I did not look into it much...maybe I should have.

Not really. The tank is on a chiller now. It is still pretty well ventilated in the garage. In the summer I run a fan from the window to keep the air circulating. I still evap about 3 gallons a day, but from over 300 gallons of total volume, that is not bad. When the 72 bow was in the house you could feel the dampness on the furniture. I couldn't believe how much water the dehumidifier pulled out of the air. The difference was night and day.

Jay

Thanks for the offer Jay. But I think shipping would be outrageous as well as gas money to get there. Do you know if these things are also rated for square footage for a house? Or does that correspond with the amount that it pulls from the air? Thanks

I have a nice de humidifier for sale or make me a offer. It works fine brand new basically. My gf left it by the fireplace so it melted some palstic and now she wont use it. It works fine she used it for our underground basement And I dont need it for my tank so if you want it just make a offer I will find out excact model # if your interested