Problems with my clowns!!!!

jgf86123

If your fish look like the pics you posted, it IS brooklynella, no doubt. The ONLY way to cure it is with Formalin. Any other treatment will NOT work. Trust me. I am confident in this diagnosis and treatment. I have been thru it. My fish lived because of the steps I took. I am proud of this. I was only a month into the SW hobby, and I nursed a VERY sick fish back to health and it is alive today because of me.

CA2OR had the same thing about the same time as mine. He lost his fish because he did not treat them as instructed. I remember this very well.

Do not waste any time in the morning. Get to a LFS and pick up the formalin. Then follow the instructions EXACTLY. You can cure this if you do it right. After the formalin treatment, selcon and other vitamin supplements will help get them healthy.

Good Luck.

Thanks Kim, and a big thanks to Dave and Steel, you guys rock.

And another big thanks to Dave for meeting up with me this morning and giving me the formalin, you rock man.

Thanks for advice Rick, I really wanna start making my own food, it's just a matter of having a place to keep it LOL.

Now, a quick question concerning formalin, is it safe to have macroalgae in the tank? Or is that a no? Also, should I remove my carbon?

If I remember right, I removed all of the sponges, carbon and ceramic stuff from the back of the nano. There should be nothing in the tank other than an airstone and something for the clown to hide in or hang around on. I purchased a fake coral at petco and dropped a couple small PVC pipe pieces in the tank. It is IMPORTANT that you follow the directions EXACTLY if you want this to work. If you don't have the instructions, find them online or I can pm you when I get home.

Quick update, the smaller, ie male clown, is currently in the HT, the female on the other hand is being stubborn as hell and refuses to let herself be caught, even though it's for her own good......

Women!!!!

Well your fish are in better shape than mine was. My female could not even swim fast enough to get away from me. I could have picked her up with my hand. Her skin was literally melting off her. I think you stand a very good chance of pulling them through. Again, follow instructions exactly and everything will work out.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Scott

Clowns have pretty much cleared up' date=' they're not realllll happy in the tank, but they're looking better, which is a plus. If things keep looking up, come Friday evening, they'll be back in the DT.[/quote']

That is terrific news! Be sure to keep up the treatment for the full time it says on the bottle. The last thing you want is a relapse if they are not fully cured. From what I have read, one good thing to come from this is that once they are cured and healthy, now they are immune to it.

Day 2 of the treatment and they're clearing up even more, I don't think they like the bare bottom tank, but they're doing ok, just hanging out together LOL. Hey, maybe this will push them towards becoming a mated pair even more LOL. So far, I've been the luckiest guy in the world with this pair, and I gotta give mad props to Scott and Dave for their insight and help, and for Rick for his various suggestions :P

Thanks to everyone

LOL Thanks Gill, that's pretty funny :P

And just a quick update, they're doing great, swimming around in the HT tank no problems at all and look like they're clearing up, I'm considering keeping them in the HT tank for an extra 48 hours, good idea/bad idea? I figure it's better to keep them a little bit longer as long as they seem to be doin ok, just to be on the safe side, ya know?

• 3 weeks later...