Sign in to follow this  
cyberboy

Hi, I am new here

I am in Beaverton. I will be around today...feel free to shoot me an email if you are going to be around. I have been trying to not have very many in our house lately but might make an exception for a fellow SOCAL'y;)

welcome aboard!!! lots of good guys and gals here! dont forget u can go to the club meetings..... if u r ever in beaverton come on by and cheak out my tank(soon to be tanks)!!!

• Like 1

Welcome! Where in socal are you from?? What brought ya up here?

There is a lotta knowledge here to soak up :) Hope to see ya at a meeting!

• Like 1

Moved here from Pasadena, actually Alhambra but I don't think many would know where that is but it borders Pasadena. Moved here to assist my mother in law in taking care of her mother as her health issues are starting to add up.

welcome if you cant find what you want localy please feel free to check my listings and will be adding another 30-40 new zoa/paly frags by the weekend and welcome to the site.

• Like 1

Moved here from Pasadena' date=' actually Alhambra but I don't think many would know where that is but it borders Pasadena. Moved here to assist my mother in law in taking care of her mother as her health issues are starting to add up.[/quote']

I know Alhambra :D. Me moved up a few years ago as well.

Sorry to hear about your Mom in law. My wife and I had to move Mom in with us when her health began declining. The system here is a bit different then in CA, so if you need help navigating it please do ask. There is a lot of help out there if you know how to get to it, it just takes so damm long to apply, so do it early.

Did you move your system up with you? It's a fun drive if I recall.

Welcome to the club.

• Like 1

Welcome. I noticed that your occupation is listed as custom food for reef tanks. What is your company?

Did I ? I should have put that as my hobby, I will change that. I do not work anymore, I am retired.

Did I ? I should have put that as my hobby' date=' I will change that. I do not work anymore, I am retired.[/quote']

Wow! You're retired and you're taking care of your wifes grandmother! Kudos to you! Longevity must run in her family. We should all be so fortunate.

• Like 1

Wow! You're retired and you're taking care of your wifes grandmother! Kudos to you! Longevity must run in her family. We should all be so fortunate.

I certainly hope so, but I am only 30 so I hope to have a way to go before I find out. But I really hope so, my grandfather lived until he was 104, if I can just get close to that it would be amazing.

I had no corals and fish when we moved here so it was just a dry tank.

Dang!!! You retired at 30?! I'm 31 and FAR from retirement... what line of work is this and how can I get in it ? lol

-Jamie

• Like 1

Did I ? I should have put that as my hobby' date=' I will change that. I do not work anymore, I am retired.[/quote']

That's cool. What is the company that you used to work for? I might be interested in having some custom food made.

I really don't like talking much about it, people get the wrong idea. Long story short my wife got a couple numbers right on the California Lotto a couple years back.

Hey Cyberboy there is a meeting this weekend! Its at Dave's (Barelycuda) house. Hes a clownfish breeder and has an awesome setup. It would be one you can not miss.

• Like 1

I really don't like talking much about it' date=' people get the wrong idea. Long story short my wife got a couple numbers right on the California Lotto a couple years back.[/quote']

Really? So you must have a pretty cool tank. One that would make us all envious. Have you posted any pics yet? I've read that a lot of folks who win the lotto end up squandering their winnings and wind up worse financially than before they won. Hopefully that won't happen to you.

• Like 2

We are rather modest people and don't much care for the attention. It has allowed us to spend a lot mre time with friends and family. We actually strive to melt in with everyone else so we don't stand out. But we know people unemployed with nicer tanks, we at least more expensive looking. I am sure it will get better as I get more comfortable.

Welcome New Member

Welcome to PNWMAS and to another so.cal Oregonian. I'm from Ventura, but I have been here for 12 years. If by chance you need a large reef tank, I have a 210 gallon reef tank that I'll sell for a great deal. Welcome again.

• Like 1