Hi, I am new here

cyberboy

I am new to the site and pretty much to the hobby. I have a self built cube....if I had to guess it would be around 60 gallons, give or take.

I am looking to find some nice zoanthids and my goal is to one day have sharks. So, who here has killer zoanthids? I have cash and trade. Sorry no camera=no pics.

• Like 1

Welcome to the club. I have a bunch of zoa's. What are you looking for? Any specific names or colors?

I hope you enjoy your stay. There is usually a fair amount of give aways, grow out competitions, and group buys to help you get started or get good deals on things.

I might have an extra camera if you need one.....pic's go a long way here. I say might as I know I have like 4 but I don't exactly know where they are ATM. They aren't the greatest but at least 8mp. Where do you live at?

Welcome to the site, as Impur mentioned lots of zoa peeps out here-Actually a coulple threads going I just saw selling/trading zoas.

Keep in mind the GROW and spread so be thoughtful were you place them.

I thought they were way cool when I set up my 1st (ok 3rd ) tank until they started to take over-I have actually removed all of them since it was no easy task, but then again, I go through corals as well

• Like 1

I see, thank you Noobtosalt.

Should I just browse the sponsor section or is there someone here who is good for zoos?

CA2OR, Oceans In a Box, Rose City, Saltwater Fantaseas, Nano Reef...and the list goes on. Perry at OIAB always has good deals and he has a clearance tank right now for 35% off I think still. might want to check those ones out!

• Like 1

Dont forget Totally Exotic Corals of Oregon....they would be my first stop. He just got a new shipment of some very sweet zoa's.

As for the PM's I don't think there is a limit to posts or anything but I could be wrong. I have been a member for a little while now and none of that was active when I joined.

I notice it says you are new to the area....where did you move here from?

Dont forget Totally Exotic Corals of Oregon....they would be my first stop. He just got a new shipment of some very sweet zoa's.

As for the PM's I don't think there is a limit to posts or anything but I could be wrong. I have been a member for a little while now and none of that was active when I joined.

I notice it says you are new to the area....where did you move here from?

I will check out totally exotic corals and the others. Ca2or, it was you I was trying to message, guess I will try again tomorrow. I noticed you were a sponsor, what is your website?

I moved here 6 months ago from Pasadena, California.

Cyber, RoseCity is located in P-town, I'm drawing a total blank on location at the moment.

Garret is in I believe it's Salem, he's a good one, OIAB is in Vancouver, he's got a map on his website, www.oceaninabox.com, along with his hours, Woody at Seahorse is off of Columbia and Tim at Westside is another good one, and he's in its either Hillsboro or Gresham, but I wanna say it's Hillsboro LOL I live in the boondocks so don't make it into town very often.

I have heard about Rose City. Where are these stores located?

My apologies ca2or....I guess I was mistaken...I thought I read you were a sponsor somewhere.

No worries....I WAS a sponsor here....and I pulled my sponsorship for a couple reasons.....it wasn't because of lack of license or anything like that, but the club is requiring a website or brick and mortar store and with 2 kids I simply do not have the time to build and maintain a website. I am not functioning as a sponsor here and wont. I am NOT a sponsor though.

I couldn't find Garet under sponsors or members plus Salem is a little less local than I was hoping. I am going to make rounds through these stores hopefully today, never knew there were so many out here, I am a little excited to see what they have.

Today I am visiting Saltwater fantasies, seahorse, rose city, and upscales. Hillsboro is fairly close so I am going to try for Westside too.

First off- WELCOME!!

Secondly- if you take the tank Height x Width x Deep and then divide that by 231 you will know the number of gallons your tank is. (HxWxD)/ 231= volume

Thank you, according to your formula I have a 74.8 gallon tank, a bit of a stretch from the 50 I was trying for, but I guess bigger is better.

Garrett is Premium Aquatic's....great guy, well worth the trip.

Westside should be on your list, might make that one of your first stops.

Thank you, I will have to make a trip out there sometime. Hey Ca2or are you close to any of those stores? I would love to meet a new reefer or 2 while I am out.