Time to sell....Tridacna Gigas

Frank

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im on my new work week so only free this Mon Tuse and then sun tru tues...

my wife kills me if i do anything fish related on sunday, so thats out. i don't think we can pull it off in one day on tuesday. so maybe its looking like next monday or tuesday a week from tomorrow?

Time schedule works for me.

We need a 1,5 inch bulkhead for the drain and stuff needed to build an external durso.

So if I'm not missing something: 90 elbow, tee, cap.

1 inch bulkhead for return, 1' union. I have the rest that is needed.

If the bh are threaded on the inner part, we need the fittings threaded.

That's all.

As for dimensions, unless Frank was feeding it with cats, last time I saw it was big, but not too big for a 40b. How wide is your tank Frank?

That's a hell of a deal on that amazing clam. Glad it's going to a good home.(clap)

Reefit I have to check out your setup some time. You must have more tanks than even we do..(laugh) Every place we have gone there are things missing and a little sign that says "Reefit was here"(laugh)

You have no idea...

Everytime I try to buy something on the boards here I know it's going to be one of the three of you getting it...(laugh)

Not that I have room for this amazing clam though. I can vouch and say that it will get an amazing home.

That's a hell of a deal on that amazing clam. Glad it's going to a good home.(clap)

Reefit I have to check out your setup some time. You must have more tanks than even we do..(laugh) Every place we have gone there are things missing and a little sign that says "Reefit was here"(laugh)

LOL, your tanks definitely rival my mine, my tanks are not quite as full as yours when it comes to quantity and quality of corals though, although i have to say i don't think i have room for one more frag in my frag tanks, LOL. i think this is where i post to my addicts anonymous thread asking for help. My plan is hopefully to build the big reef tank and get rid of my smaller tanks and just keep the frag tank setup along side the large reef tank, but you know as well as i do that where theres one, theres always room for another and another and another.....DOH!

Hey guys let's get some measurements and weight (old pre-weigh the transport bucket and water first should get us in the ballpark) on this bad boy while you have it in motion anyway. Pics would be awesome also.

Good idea! We will try to document with pics too.

Today Reefit dropped off the remaining part of the plumbing. The tank is already here and I will drill and plumb it during the weekend. Just the lights and we are ready to transport the clam. Last time that Frank moved the beast it squirted a gallon of water on his MH's, se we will have to be careful (scary)

I'm glad to see it going to a good home. I purchased that clam locally when it was about 4" before it outgrew my aquascaping and I sold it to Frank. It's hard to believe how big and fast those things grow.

It would be amazing if you can find a picture of it!

Do you remember when it was?