Time to sell....Tridacna Gigas

Frank

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I saw this last my guess is it is close to at least 18" around, closer to 24" wide and 18-20" tall.

It is probablly bigger than that

I would say that is about right it would look great in a 500 want ti to go to a good home has been a great clam.

I have about 18 inches of water in the sump, but I can add more up to 20-22.

The free space between sump and cabinet it's about 13inches. I'm probably using only half of the power of the Barracuda, so we can also think about adding a temporary tank/tub connected to the system to hold the clam. Robert, you saw my setup and it is pretty flexible and expandable.

I'm really happy to help you guys and the clam :)

I have about 18 inches of water in the sump, but I can add more up to 20-22.

The free space between sump and cabinet it's about 13inches. I'm probably using only half of the power of the Barracuda, so we can also think about adding a temporary tank/tub connected to the system to hold the clam. Robert, you saw my setup and it is pretty flexible and expandable.

I'm really happy to help you guys and the clam :)

I have another rubbermaid i could bring over if you have room for it. otherwise i would probably need a dedicated tank.

I'm pretty positive we can fit in the rubbermaid.

Otherwise I think there is somebody out there that can borrow a medium sized tank which is already drilled. We can connect it to my system in a few minutes. As for a second rubbermaid I don't have room near to the sump, so I don't see a way to plumb it (mostly the drain).

I have time this week and I'm pretty flexible with work, do it is doable.

Do you have a 150w or 250w we can temporary put on top of it? If you still have my t5 fixture it should do the job

I'm pretty positive we can fit in the rubbermaid.

Otherwise I think there is somebody out there that can borrow a medium sized tank which is already drilled. We can connect it to my system in a few minutes. As for a second rubbermaid I don't have room near to the sump, so I don't see a way to plumb it (mostly the drain).

I have time this week and I'm pretty flexible with work, do it is doable.

Do you have a 150w or 250w we can temporary put on top of it? If you still have my t5 fixture it should do the job

i have a 175 and 250 w ballast, i need to get a reflector and mogul for it which shouldn't be to hard to find one.

This week has lots in store for me, so depending on your schedule, most of my free time is going to be during the day. my evenings fill up pretty fast with kids. I can head out tuesday and get the tank if i can find one still available. i'll have to call around. what do you need for plumbing supplies?

That acrylic has a big bracet if I remember well... the 40b will work.

We have to drill and plumb, but this is gonna be easy.

Just tell me when I have to start mixing some water :)

do you think the 40b will be deep enough for this monster? that will only be about 16" of water once its plumbed.

Frank can you get us accurate dimensions of that thing? it would help in the decision on tanks.