Its ALIVE!! 250g tank

Smann

that is a VERY nice system you set up. now sit down and enjoy it.

Thanks, my laptop is on the kitchen bar right next to the tank, I'm sitting here right now

How do you like your Reef Octo Cone xp5000 ext? i have one running my 300gal Envision cube it's fantastic, although i do love my other two bad boys Reeflo Orca 250 so much!

Vin B.O.M "Blue Ocean Marines Inc."

Yes great skimmer, I was looking for the Reeflo when I called Reef Specialty, Mike reccomended I get the Reef Oct, great guys there Thats where I got my ballast also.

WOW:eek: how did I miss this thread, Wicked cool tank(rock2) Everything is so professional looking, makes my tank look like a goldfish bowl(laugh)...Very Cool, thanks for sharing the build, really beautiful tank, and after attempting my first DYI setup, I have to give you BIG props for all the cool things you have done with your tank, Thats ALOT of work right there....Very nice!

WOW:eek: how did I miss this thread' date=' Wicked cool tank(rock2) Everything is so professional looking, makes my tank look like a goldfish bowl(laugh)...Very Cool, thanks for sharing the build, really beautiful tank, and after attempting my first DYI setup, I have to give you BIG props for all the cool things you have done with your tank, Thats ALOT of work right there....Very nice![/quote']

Thanks for checking it out, The DYI stuff is what makes it so addicting. I like to tinker and build stuff, this hobby seems to be never ending!

Is that a webcam I see right below the Vortech and Neptune controllers?

Yes, one there and one on the sump. We travel a couple times a year and I like to be able to see how things are doing. Also able to remote in to the Aqua Controller, you can only trust teenagers so much so if I can "see" the water level in the sump I can rest much easier. We were gone in Oct, a little more than a month after the tank was set up, the sump stayed right on the black line, it was nice to be able to take a quick look

Yes, one there and one on the sump. We travel a couple times a year and I like to be able to see how things are doing. Also able to remote in to the Aqua Controller, you can only trust teenagers so much so if I can "see" the water level in the sump I can rest much easier. We were gone in Oct, a little more than a month after the tank was set up, the sump stayed right on the black line, it was nice to be able to take a quick look

I'm not seeing any network cable or power cord. Wireless maybe? PoE? Wiring in the wall or just unplugged right now?

• 2 weeks later...
I REALLY like your sump room man! Lots of room. Once mine is set-up its only going to be 3 1/2' x 9'' date=' a little tight but more room than an under the stand set-up.[/quote']

Thanks, yeah I wasn't sure about mine when it was going up, it seemed a little smaller than I had planned. Once it was all done it turned out to be just fine, could always be a little bigger but I'm happy with it

Thanks, yeah I wasn't sure about mine when it was going up, it seemed a little smaller than I had planned. Once it was all done it turned out to be just fine, could always be a little bigger but I'm happy with it

With all the equipment you have in there I can see where your coming from. About what size is your sump room?

With all the equipment you have in there I can see where your coming from. About what size is your sump room?

the room is 6' x 12', the tank sits 24" into the room and to one end which gives me about 4' behind and 5'x6' on the one end

Big room...That leaves all kinds of space for new toys for the tank!

Also room to "hang out" my wife now opens the front cabinet door to find me or talk, also handy if you need a plastic bag or something, just call out and they can pass thru it the doors (laugh)

Also room to "hang out" my wife now opens the front cabinet door to find me or talk' date=' also handy if you need a plastic bag or something, just call out and they can pass thru it the doors (laugh)[/quote']

(laugh) nice!

Mine asked me last night that if I keep staring at the RO unit in the shop if it makes water any quicker (wife)...I said I dont know are the kids in bed yet? (whistle)

I love the old tank but WOW! I can't wait to see it in person, you have gone to a whole new level. Definently show stopping. No one would believe the 3 mth photo if we hadn't been following the build

Beckie

Thanks Beckie, anytime you can come by!. Two of the large Birdsnest are the ones you gave me, they are growing strong.

Steve

Hey is your skimmer being fed from your drain/overflow? Has the skimmer quieted down any after breaking in? I read it takes a few weeks and then they are supposed to quiet down some. Where did you get your chiller? What model? Thanks Harold

The skimmer is fed from the return manifold then back to the sump, so some water is being "reskimmed" but with the volume of water thru the sump its doesnt really matter. Right now I'm trying not to over skim with such a small bioload.

The skimmer noise is the same but its in the tank room so it isnt heard in the family room

Travis from Upscales ordered it for me, Its a Pacific Coast Imports CW-0500 heater/chiller

Cool' date=' I had the verry same chiller/heater slip right through my fingers about a month ago. Are you planning on adding more fish eventually/over time? What do you keep your ORP at? How much 03 are you running?[/quote']

Its a great unit but definitely another "tank room" piece (laugh)

I have the ozone set at 85 mg/hr, the controller runs it and the air for 1 hr then off for 3 hr

I use this program for the Aqua III

OSC 060/180 ON/OFF Then OZN ON

If Time > 00:00 Then AIR OFF

If Timer OZN = ON Then AIR ON

If Timer OZN = OFF Then AIR OFF

Its running about 340-350 on the Aqua III and 310-325 on the ozone unit so who knows, above 300 is my guess

oops, on the fish, I lost all my fish to Ich about a month ago most went while I was on vacation. I'm letting the tank go for now and will begin to restock in a few weeks. I've been doing some reading and this time I think I'll go with some smaller species, different varieties and try to keep the reef look more to scale

oops' date=' on the fish, I lost all my fish to Ich about a month ago most went while I was on vacation. I'm letting the tank go for now and will begin to restock in a few weeks. I've been doing some reading and this time I think I'll go with some smaller species, different varieties and try to keep the reef look more to scale[/quote']

Thats unfortunate. Ya I'm with you, smaller reef fish but more of them is sweet looking.

Thats unfortunate. Ya I'm with you' date=' smaller reef fish but more of them is sweet looking.[/quote']

Definetly a bummer to lose fish that you've had for years but hey if you have never (which I havent) had a tank with no fish I highly reccomend it, Its quite the experience to see what grows and flourishes without the fish eating everything not to mention how clean the tank,sand and sump are. My advice if anyone is having algae problems, get rid of your fish for a month or two, you will be amazed!!