Its ALIVE!! 250g tank

Smann

What did you use for the horizontal support on the tank shelf? Spanning 6' with roughly a ton of water sitting on it. It looks like a 6"x6" for the corner support but I can't tell what you use for the horizontal run.

Looks awesome BTW - nice clean install and I love the fish room.

The original nook had a floor beam at the opening, 7', I added an additional post in the center of that beam. the front base 2x6 wall is sitting on that beam, there is another 2x6x72" wall right in front of that, front of tank, the remaining 24" is three 4x6 (full 6") beams 8" OC. The walls the three beams each sit on are supported all the way to the footings

The Engineer reccomended two 2x6's 9" OC

Using a laser level to shim the walls and base I set it during the filling, the back left corner settled a little less than 1/8", If you measure the water line all the way around the top of the tank its within a 1/16-1/8"

The original nook had a floor beam at the opening, 7', I added an additional post in the center of that beam. the front base 2x6 wall is sitting on that beam, there is another 2x6x72" wall right in front of that, front of tank, the remaining 24" is three 4x6 (full 6") beams 8" OC. The walls the three beams each sit on are supported all the way to the footings

The Engineer reccomended two 2x6's 9" OC

Using a laser level to shim the walls and base I set it during the filling, the back left corner settled a little less than 1/8", If you measure the water line all the way around the top of the tank its within a 1/16-1/8"

Wow. 1/8" is nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the cabinet installed this week, came out really nice, a little off on what we laid out when I built the soffit but its notrhing that cant be fixed with a little sheetrock and mud

tank9.jpg

tank2.jpg

Some shots of the tank,still moving some things around, added a few

tank8.jpg

tank3.jpg

tank4.jpg

tank-1.jpg

These fish just seem to follow the camera!!

tank7.jpg

tank6.jpg

tank5.jpg

Looks great Steve!

James' tanks always ROCK!

Can't wait to see it in person sometime! (when I'm not going by your house at 10pm or later)

very nice steve' date=' looks amazing! I like the fact it has lots of upward growth room[/quote']

Thanks guys! Check in Mike` I'm uasually up, Roy if you're looking for a pump I have a Genx 40

I've seen this in person and I've got to say it's the cleanest setup I've ever seen! Awesome tank!!!

Thanks Matt, glad you guys could stop by. Hope that unit works out for you, dont forget to post some pictures of the tanks!

The tank looks very nice. What kind of camera do you use? Post processing?? The picture colors look very true-to-life. All my pics are WAY over saturated in blue.

Thanks

DEnnis

I probably dont have as much blue light as most, I have a Cannon Rebel XTi. I take pictures in Manual mode the edit them in Photoshop Elements 7 I only make a small adjustment in contrast/brightness and a slight adjustment in Levels. They look true in the camera display but not as good when uploaded into the computer

Oh WOW Steve it looks amazing!!! Your fish all look so happy. :-) Did you nix the urchins?

Yeah they went when the 180 came down. I did the Macro rock in the new tank so I'll have to wait until the coraline begins to grow until the tank will support one again