Emerald525

Negative Vendor Feedback  

1. 1.

• A:Allow only positive feedback for members/vendors
    • B:Leave it as it is now (both positive and negative) no ground rules
    • C:For negative do something similar to reef2reef
    • D:Allow positive feedback only but allow rating system like ebay
    • E:None of the above

If you do away with the feedback forum' date=' people will just post it in the general comments forum and nothing would have been done to change it. [/b'] I like the idea of a rating system. Maybe one can be posted in each sponsor's forum. Then you can rate them on your experience, and they will have the opportunity to see what people are saying.

Exactly....

I think that the R2R rules hit on a good idea, but there are still shortfalls in the rule lineup. The feedback forum could be setup so unrelated banter is removed like prohibited posts on Craigslist...enough people poke the flag button and your comment gets removed or put up for review by a Mod.

Removing the negative feedback like eBay or completely makes the feedback useless. Negative feedback shouldn't be a beating post for airing your dirty laundry, but should be posed in a constructive way to inform the sponsor/member of the err in his/her ways. So they have a chance to contest/defend the mistake/behavior.

Personal issues with the vendor or member you have should not be part of the feedback...'I don't like Bob, he's stupid'...or 'Paul's shop sucks,' are both useless things to say. We need to post up pertinent information. 'The issue I have with Bob is he sold me a leaky tank and wouldn't refund the money.' "Paul's shop is understaffed. When I go in there are never enough people to help me and I get tired of waiting and leave.' Those two statements can be used constructively by the owner/member

If you want a rant and rave section for the public...I don't like so and so's...put one in. Make it the topic. Leave it out of the feedback area.

Just my humble opinion.

rofl Okay Mr. "Beating a dead horse let this thread die.." now bumping it to the top?(scratch)

I am Con..fuz...ed..(laugh)

No its funny now-it was funny then, I just could not believe it wont die, so I figure I will bump it up whenever I can.

BUMP for exposure

Eric, no I have not heard from Frank-I'll call him later.

No its funny now-it was funny then, I just could not believe it wont die, so I figure I will bump it up whenever I can.

BUMP for exposure

Eric, no I have not heard from Frank-I'll call him later.

Put the stick down and step away from the horse (laugh)

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like every club deals with this issue. My 2 cents - guests should not be able to post feedback and new members should have to wait 30 days prior to leaving negative feedback. Negative feedback is valuable. Mandate a 10 post minimum prior to leaving vendor feedback.

Off topic - I am interested in joining - where does one find the LFS discounts for members????

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I totally agree....but there is such opposition to negative feedback which leaves you blind as it is. So if there is no neg there should be no pos either....you know? Otherwise it is very misleading if all you see is good. For instance....I had corals recently shipped to me and they showed up with no water in the bags thanks to horrible packaging...in addition to no heat packs....so I should say I had plugs shipped.....anyway...if I couldn't share that, than you might experience the same things....without warning....because neg feedback isn't allowed.

but in the ever so elegant words of the wise man (reefnjunkie) other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

I'm going to start my own forum and and have an annoyance ranking system applied. Every time an annoyance point is earned there will be an automatic PM sent that will make fun of you and take shots at your self esteem. Also any members that post excessively will be charged per post.... I think I just came up with a very profitable business idea.

I'm sure I can entice certain members to join by offering a free "You're cool if you have this." Zoanthid polyp.

Jesus' date=' I've been gone for months and you're still arguing about who's more important... members or sponsors? Pathetic.[/quote']

Andy,

Thank you for your feedback. I will have someone look into this issue.

Sincerely,

Jesus

................................He doesn't typically respond on here so I'm just imagining how his message back might read.