• Oregon Ducks
    • Oregon State Beavers

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well they used their "get outta jail free card" today!

Can't start a game that way vs. a NCG type of opponent.

Glad they stuck to their guns and continue to fight on!

Can't believe I can re-use my own quote from a week ago!!

Glad they get a week off now.......... maybe they can regroup and get back on track with the offensive attack.

But the D has been playing outta their arses the last 2 weeks!!!

It appears that the Beavers have quit on Riley this year :( - I hope that isn't the truth. Even though Riley is a Beaver he is a good coach/guy and doesn't deserve to have his players quit on him like the appearently have! Very dissappointing.......

Got back from the game late sunday. Man what a fun trip. There were 14k+ Duck fans there!!! We caused their kicker to do that stutter step cuz we were so loud (rock2)

A win is a win. Its funny i got a bunch of video tape of Cal fans telling me how the Ducks would fall to 4th or 5th and I just kept saying no way. Guess i was right :D

Poor beavs, need to regroup or they might be in a free fall and not make a bowl game. Still have Stanford, U$C, and UO. Tough.

Got back from the game late sunday. Man what a fun trip. There were 14k+ Duck fans there!!! We caused their kicker to do that stutter step cuz we were so loud (rock2)

A win is a win. Its funny i got a bunch of video tape of Cal fans telling me how the Ducks would fall to 4th or 5th and I just kept saying no way. Guess i was right :D

Poor beavs, need to regroup or they might be in a free fall and not make a bowl game. Still have Stanford, U$C, and UO. Tough.

Thought i'd share some pics of my trip to the game :)

We stopped at Shasta and stayed in a yurt. IT WAS COLD!!!!

042ff4a7.jpg

Hit up Top Dog before the game, best hotdog i've ever had

c49f6b3e.jpg

Heading to the stadium. Lots of Duck fans!

98003855.jpg

369db404.jpg

0200bf2a.jpg

9cc6f65a.jpg

ceedc79b.jpg

8417be7f.jpg

6a20a326.jpg

Partying after the win

3b79f21a.jpg

Definitely. That was the first Pac10 stadium i've been to outside of Oregon and OSewe. Now i'm working on getting BCS NCG tix :D

I've looked at the BCS tix. SPENDY!! Hope I don't jinx it.

Man, I am sorry to see Costa lost! That guy is an inspiration to the team, nonetheless.

Hate these bye weeks. Feels like drug withdrawl!

Hey all you Duck honks - I DARE you to try and beat the Beavers in the Red Cross Blood Drive. Deadline is this Friday.

Civil War Blood Drive

My wife donates for this among other times. She was there yesterday and they said the Beavs were WAY ahead, but your link shows the Ducks are only down by 40. Anyway, the lady told her that the Beavs always win because their alums/fans are all in the state, they don't leave.

I'm not into Collegeball and this could have already been posted but though you all would like it.

Yah its been making the rounds. ESPN, CBS, SBNation, Dan Patrick Show, PTI, ESPNU, Fox, MSN, Wall Street Journal, NY Times........I'd hate to be Tedford this week or that dude that did the flopping.

Where I think the Ducks lose this argument is they bark at the refs to set the ball so they can get the next play off faster earlier in the game but they say nothing in the 4th quarter when they are trying to run the clock out. If there is fake flopping going on deal with it but don't pretend like Chip Kelly just re-invented the game of football and everyone is out to hose you. It's a tactic some teams might use - get used to it. Maybe we should change basketball so fouling in the last few minutes isn't allowed.

Where I think the Ducks lose this argument is they bark at the refs to set the ball so they can get the next play off faster earlier in the game but they say nothing in the 4th quarter when they are trying to run the clock out. If there is fake flopping going on deal with it but don't pretend like Chip Kelly just re-invented the game of football and everyone is out to hose you. It's a tactic some teams might use - get used to it. Maybe we should change basketball so fouling in the last few minutes isn't allowed.

The problem with that is one is specifically against the rules and stated as so in the rule book. The other gets no mention.

So no, they aren't the same.

No one said everyone is out to hose the Ducks. They are 10-0 and #1 in the country, where are they getting hosed?

Maybe we should change basketball so fouling in the last few minutes isn't allowed.

So just line everyone up and shoot free throws for the final 2 min then? Cuz you certainly can't play 2 min without a foul occuring. You think people would pay to see that?

The problem with that is one is specifically against the rules and stated as so in the rule book. The other gets no mention.

So no, they aren't the same.

No one said everyone is out to hose the Ducks. They are 10-0 and #1 in the country, where are they getting hosed?

Maybe we should change basketball so fouling in the last few minutes isn't allowed.

So just line everyone up and shoot free throws for the final 2 min then? Cuz you certainly can't play 2 min without a foul occuring. You think people would pay to see that?

I missed something what is specifically in the rule book and what isn't? No rule against a player faking an injury that I know of.

It's the Duck fans that are complaining about the fake injuries - no one else. Like you said the Ducks are 10-0 so why the complaints?

I missed something what is specifically in the rule book and what isn't? No rule against a player faking an injury that I know of.

It's the Duck fans that are complaining about the fake injuries - no one else. Like you said the Ducks are 10-0 so why the complaints?

Faking injuries is against the rules

h. Feigning an injury for the purpose of gaining additional, undeserved

time for one’s team. An injured player must be given full protection

under the rules, but feigning injury is dishonest, unsportsmanlike and

contrary to the spirit of the rules. Such tactics cannot be tolerated among

sportsmen of integrity.

Here is a link to the rulebook: http://www.oficiales.org/A_2009/ncaa/NCAAINGLES/2009-10%20NCAA%20Footbal%20Rule%20Book.pdf

Duck fans have been complaining about it all year, go back in this thread and I mention it. But its the national media that finally picked up on it and ran with it. Thats why its all over the news, not just because Duck fans are sick and tired of it happening.

Congrats Beavers!

Looked like you controilled that game from start to finish. Didn't get to watch it.

I know i couldn't believe that. After Barkley got hurt i knew the beavs had it in hand though. Really salvaged their season, now need 1 win over Stanford or Oregon to get bowl eligible. Gonna be tough.

• 1 month later...