• Oregon Ducks
    • Oregon State Beavers

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't believe they went for the 2pt conversion when they did?!?!?!??!

Neither team had control of the game........... I'd would have kicked the PAT and went into the next OT. It was about waiting for what team would make the next mistake! But I guess Riley was tired and made the mistake himself! But I guess thats why they are the Beavers....... no faith in their kicker, offense, and defense!

Can't believe they went for the 2pt conversion when they did?!?!?!??!

Neither team had control of the game........... I'd would have kicked the PAT and went into the next OT. It was about waiting for what team would make the next mistake! But I guess Riley was tired and made the mistake himself! But I guess thats why they are the Beavers....... no faith in their kicker, offense, and defense!

Really Mike?? There was no better time for the 2pt. It just didnt work out. Remember on the 3rd possesion they gotta go for 2. So why not do it before Washington has another chance to score at home nonetheless. Beavs played a bad game against a motivated Washington team. Katz had a bad case "Tony Romoitis" and made too many mistakes. The D started slow but tightened up after the 1st then gave it up at halftime. There are two seniors (Brandon Hardin and Suaesi Tuimaunei) that need to be benched and the Beavs D will be a lot better. Watching those two last night made me sick (sick)

Im just patiently waiting for the Ducks collapse :)

Really Mike?? There was no better time for the 2pt. It just didnt work out. Remember on the 3rd possesion they gotta go for 2. So why not do it before Washington has another chance to score at home nonetheless. Beavs played a bad game against a motivated Washington team. Katz had a bad case "Tony Romoitis" and made too many mistakes. The D started slow but tightened up after the 1st then gave it up at halftime. There are two seniors (Brandon Hardin and Suaesi Tuimaunei) that need to be benched and the Beavs D will be a lot better. Watching those two last night made me sick (sick)

Im just patiently waiting for the Ducks collapse :)

Exactly, you gotta go for 2 on the next series anyway, why not make sure you get there and give your D another chance to stop Locker. Or at least give your best player the ball and see what he can do. Halahuni had 1 catch for 5 yards and he's your go to guy in 2OT?? Katz had too many INTs, just wasn't making his reads as well as the last few games.

I'm pretty excited to see Oregon at #1 in all the human polls. Thats freaking fantastic. First time ever!!!! But its frustrating to see Oklahoma jump everyone to #1. They haven't really beaten anyone, save for FSU who was exposed the following week. One computer has the Ducks at #11, 2 spots behind #9 Stanford!!! [language filter]?

I can understand the two point conversion attempt. With the home field crowd creating false starts and a somewhat inconsistent PAT kicker in addition to the next OT forced 2 point rule it was a reasonable choice. The choice of a receiver is another issue. Woulda been a hero if it worked.

Interceptions and turnovers can flat dishearten a team so much.

What a nail biter of a game! Love close games but just wished it turned out differently.

R-3........

Yes I know that in the 3rd OT they have to go for the 2pt conversion.

The reason I feel that way is because if Riley was "going for the kill" why did he sent out the PAT team only to pull them and re-insert the offense?

All that came to me was that he had 'no faith' (for lack of a better word) in his team. Be it that they were tired, getting exposed, or whatever. The last minute change in plans was the BIG tip off for me.

In the situation the home team will hold the upper hand. You only have 25 yards and with the crowd it's easy to get hot for a few plays if you are the home team. They played 2 OTs to a stalemate. The next OT you have to go for the 2 pt conversion and with Locker as your QB that gives UW the advantage. I liked the call - it's take a big set to make the 'win it or lose it' call and there are many tough guy coaches who never have the spine to do it so kudos to Riley. If you make it you set the tone for the second half of the season and if you don't make it you're going into a bye week with plenty of time to get over it. Frankly, the game was lost in the first quarter when the Beavs allowed 21 points without answering - that should not have happened against this Washington team. Hopefully Katz got his bad game out of his system and we get some people healed up and back in the lineup over the bye week. Half a season to go and lots of upsets to pull off.

On a side note the Beavs are 6-0 against the point spread.

R-3........

Yes I know that in the 3rd OT they have to go for the 2pt conversion.

The reason I feel that way is because if Riley was "going for the kill" why did he sent out the PAT team only to pull them and re-insert the offense?

All that came to me was that he had 'no faith' (for lack of a better word) in his team. Be it that they were tired, getting exposed, or whatever. The last minute change in plans was the BIG tip off for me.

I think they were going out there automatically after the TD while the staff were talking about there options. Kahut has been a little shaky this year but Riley still has faith in him. If anything Riley tends to be far to loyal to his starters and upper classmen but I think we will see some younger guys playing more the in secondary next game.

If anything Riley tends to be far to loyal to his starters and upper classmen

Oleander is proof of that! Dude should NOT have a scholarship.

As for the play i still don't agree with it. I don't think they should have gone for it, and I don't think Halahuni should have been the go to guy.

There is a reason Riley's teams have 4 losses every single year.

BCS projections say that Auburn will jump Oregon this week keeping us at #2. We will see.

Thomas stole some of James thunder Thursday night with that great performance.

As for the #1 curse............. Oregon will go to SoCal and rip the Trojans!! Should be a lot of points scored in this one!!!

BCS projections say that Auburn will jump Oregon this week keeping us at #2. We will see.

Thomas stole some of James thunder Thursday night with that great performance.

As for the #1 curse............. Oregon will go to SoCal and rip the Trojans!! Should be a lot of points scored in this one!!!

especially since the Trojan defense(90th) is ranked way below even UCLA's(65th)... Oregon's defense gets overlooked a lot because the offense is such a show to watch, but they are good...

I don't care if your a OSU fan or an Oregon fan, at this point it's all about showing the country that the state can produce #1 talent teams.

Football is traditionally based on burst performance. This team keeps it moving like a soccer team does. Burst+ constant stamina throughout the game. Nobody can keep up.

It's exciting to watch the line officials get out of breath from just moving the chains. The announcers don't have to add boring filler because there's no time for it. The broadcasting channel has trouble taking the breaks they usually do since Oregon doesn't take breaks. The replay officials are crying that they don't have time to watch the replays too...lol. Have you ever heard of some of the statistics they are coming up with? Not to mention the other teams just can't keep up at all with it. By the second quarter the other team is dog tired and by the third they are mentally gone. These teams have lost all focus they are so tired from trying to keep up with this offense. Until now there has been an unspoken rule of "this is how you do things". Chip is changing that and nobody is liking it because they can't do anything about it. I think this offense will be copied soon and it could change the whole game as we know it. It will be studied by many that is for sure. Years later their will be talks about it and highlights from it. No longer does everything have to be long and drawn out between plays. It's truly great to watch and I'm not really a football guy, or an UO guy either.

The game against UCLA reminded me of the first time I played madden against one of my friends who plays a ton. He knew every play he wanted before the end of the one before. I never had time to pick a play and he was off to the races again. Then he 2-points me for the hell of it. I know how UCLA felt because I never had a chance to even try. He just pummeled me then took the ball from me and repeated it. A radio broadcaster even described it like a video game too and I totally agree. The best way to stop this offense is to have a #1 defense that can force the 4 and out over and over and an offense that doesn't turnover the ball. I don't know of a team that can do that this year.

You don't have to stop the Ducks offense over and over you just have to limit the big plays, stay home and play your assignment (ie. DON'T fall for the trap). The Ducks WILL score points on you but you just need a few stops here and there to break their rhythm.

On offense you can run on the Ducks right up the gut. Several teams have done that this year with reasonable success. The most important thing is to be methodical on offense and really grind it out. 10-12 play drives eating up 5,6,7 or 8 minutes keeps the Ducks O off the field once again taking their rhythm away. Most important key when you have the ball is to NOT cough it up. I can't remember how many games (4 i think) into the season it was but the Ducks defense was actually outscoring the offense.

As far as changing the entire game I think that is EXTREMELY unlikely purely based on the fact that there are not that many players coming out of high school t with the physical skills that can play in that system. Couple that with the game that the NFL plays and you would need 12 strings of QBs to make it through a season and you're just not going to see the top college guys, who want/can make a paycheck on Sundays retool their own styles and skills for 4 years of college ball only to start over in the pros.

Trust me I'd love to see the NFL come sniffing around old Chipper but I'm afraid we're stuck with him for a while.

Chip is locked in for the next 4-5 years with his recent exstention.

UCLA drove the field a few times and eat up 6-7 mins of the clock and put up points only to watch Oregon score a TD in less then 2. So your theory of a ball control offense is still up for debate. It would need to be a GREAT offense that makes zero mistakes and put up 7 everytime!!

I guess thats why they play the games!!!

BTW is anyone else getting that "destiny" feeling with this Oregon team?

Chip is locked in for the next 4-5 years with his recent exstention.

UCLA drove the field a few times and eat up 6-7 mins of the clock and put up points only to watch Oregon score a TD in less then 2. So your theory of a ball control offense is still up for debate. It would need to be a GREAT offense that makes zero mistakes and put up 7 everytime!!

I guess thats why they play the games!!!

BTW is anyone else getting that "destiny" feeling with this Oregon team?

He's only locked in for those who can't cut a check in the range of $4 million for his buyout.

I don't think it needs to be a "great" offense just nice and balanced between the run and pass so Oregon's defense can't lock in on one to force the other. UCLA's defense was utterly unprepared for Oregon and that win over Texas was exposed by their loss to Iowa State. UCLA seems pretty bad which is not good in combination with the Ducks being really good.

I don't care if your a OSU fan or an Oregon fan, at this point it's all about showing the country that the state can produce #1 talent teams.

Football is traditionally based on burst performance. This team keeps it moving like a soccer team does. Burst+ constant stamina throughout the game. Nobody can keep up.

It's exciting to watch the line officials get out of breath from just moving the chains. The announcers don't have to add boring filler because there's no time for it. The broadcasting channel has trouble taking the breaks they usually do since Oregon doesn't take breaks. The replay officials are crying that they don't have time to watch the replays too...lol. Have you ever heard of some of the statistics they are coming up with? Not to mention the other teams just can't keep up at all with it. By the second quarter the other team is dog tired and by the third they are mentally gone. These teams have lost all focus they are so tired from trying to keep up with this offense..

It is really fun to watch the exhaustion in the faces of the opponents! It is just physically brutal to keep up with this level of almost

continual exertion.

Playing in the LA Coliseum against a team that is capable of putting up big yardage numbers may not be a walk in the park.

I am afraid to think destiny yet but..................

Did anyone else know Cam Newton was charged and convicted of stealing a laptop back in 08?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3718266

Funny, they still bring up Masoli even though he doesn't play here as a mark against Oregon Football cuz he stole a laptop. Nobody every says anything about Cam Newton. I guess its just par for the course in the SEC, if you can play football we don't care about your transgressions.

So this weekend is officially the Stolen Laptop Bowl!!! Auburn VS Miss. Thief vs Thief. Should be a good one, just don't bring any laptops to this game.

Jurrell Casey says:

“They have a good running back and a good quarterback. Other than that, they’re really not that good,” Casey said.

Asked if he was tired of hearing about Oregon, which leads the NCAA in total offense and scoring offense, he told ESPNLosAngeles.com, “It gets kind of annoying to keep hearing about it, but let them do the talking and we’ll just go out there and show that we can stop them.”

Hey smart guy, uh, you are the one talk along with your Trojan buddies. Nothing coming out from the Ducks.

Maybe he needs some reminding, just needs to watch the video of last year. Him sucking wind all 2nd half and the Ducks' not so good players running past him all day.