10 gallon seahorse tank???

Berger9953

Hi pnwmas! I have a 10g tank laying around and Im wondering if I could make it into a dwarf seahorse tank. I have some plastic plants and some fake coral. I also have dry sand laying around along with a light. I could start a tank without buying much. Do you all think it could work? Or do dwarf seahorses need a bigger tank? Thanks guys!

no a 10 gallon would be perfect i used a maxi jet 400 and put a spong filter on the intake of the maxi jet... the dwarfs need live brine so you need to hatch brine once a day or every other day depending on how much brine you hatch if you have and more question feel free to pm me i was breeding the dwarfs for a few months till i ran out of time Dan

well it depends i had 6 and a few babys and they were fine here is the web site i got mine from and they even sent me a pregnant male and you can buy pairs or just the pregnant males the shipping was a little long but i did not lose one horse also i got the sea catus and the horses love to hang on that also get some CAULERPA they love to be in there and the shimp stay in there to so they go in there to hunt for food

I read a bit more about them on the site. They are only -1.5 inches! That is tiny! I just kinda laugh at that. That would be cute, but you could easily loose them, no? How big would the babies be then? I also read that they only live for about a year. Do regular seahorses have a longer life expectancy? Thanks for the help so far and in advance!

well i looked at the web site also but i had very good succes with the dwarfs you just need to hatch live brine, i had two diy hactherys i would start one today and one tommrow so i had live brine everyday... the regular seahorse would be not as much work. i have heard you can get them to eat live food so it is wahat ever you want to do hacth brine or feed frozen also with the bigger seahorse you can have more filteration, when i had a 25 gallon with the dwarfs they would get sucked into hang on filter

I read a bit more about them on the site. They are only -1.5 inches! That is tiny! I just kinda laugh at that. That would be cute' date=' but you could easily loose them, no? How big would the babies be then? I also read that they only live for about a year. Do regular seahorses have a longer life expectancy? Thanks for the help so far and in advance![/quote']

the babys were under a inch but as i said i put a maxi jet 400 and a sponge filter in the intake of the maxi jet and did not loose any of them to the filter i had mine for about 4 months so i dont know about the life for only a year but as long as they are happy in the tank and you get pairs you will get allot of babys