Help!!! All livestock died!

NoobtoSalt

Ok so here's the deal. My son's little 29 gallon biocube tank had a baby blue hippo tang that I'm pretty sure about a month ago had Ich. It disappeared in the tank shortly after that. Then the coral beauty died about a week later. Then just last week I lost one of the Clarkii Clowns. Today I just got home to find out that his last Clarkii died. I still have all of his clean up crew and a cleaner shrimp and all sorts of frags that have been given to him still in the tank doing well.

So here's my questions.

Should I take everything out and scrub the tank down?

Or....

Should I just not add anything to the tank till next month and just do regular water changes still like I have been doing? (typically I do about 10-15% every week).

If the inverts are still alive, I would not scrub the tank down. continue to do your regular maintenance, and wait at least 6 weeks to add any fish. Then add fish that match the size recommendations for the tank. Add the fish one at a time and wait at least a week between additions.

If the inverts are still alive' date=' I would not scrub the tank down. continue to do your regular maintenance, and wait at least 6 weeks to add any fish. Then add fish that match the size recommendations for the tank. Add the fish one at a time and wait at least a week between additions.[/quote']

I was kind of thinking of waiting at least a month. So I'm glad that I'm on the same page so far. I was thinking of maybe grabbing some fish from Dave at the next meeting if he's selling them but maybe I will just wait a week or two after that to get them.

At least 6 weeks is the recommended time to wait for the ich to go through their life cycle. I would give it 8 weeks if it were me.

hmmm.. trying to tell my 6 year old he can't have fish for two months might be fun...(laugh)

Wish me luck!!(sad)

I could still add corals to the tank though since those are doing fine right?