The LED experiment

CA2OR

Probably' date=' if you have a good chiller or a temperature controlled room, which is not this case. Not sure though. Think about the effects of the moon[/quote']

That's still a matter of photoperiod (if there's any effect at all). I used to have a lunar cycle timer, it didn't make any difference.

Re: The LED experiment

Ok...so last time I took my water to be tested....this time tested it myself...

14g

Sal 1.028

Kh 161

Phos 0

Nitrate 0

Calcium 520

Ph 8

60g

Sal 1.025

Kh 107

Phos 0

Nitrate 0-25

Calcium 480

Ph 0

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Suprised nobody laughed or commented on the 60 gallons PH being zero.

I think it will be ok-(laugh)

its only when it gets below zero I ever worry

Butthole. I didn't even notice that.....but of course YOU did....lol....actually I forgot to test it.

One stat or result I didn't post is I have only had to add a quarter of a gallon total in a week or so under LED.....the 60 on the other hand is around 7 to 10 gallons this week. Its odd, but there really is no heat from the LED's....I do like that....a lot.

Also, found that for the milli....the bottom wasn't cutting it....raised frag from middle to top and had polyp extension all day on both it and the original frag that was on top. I also moved the bottom frag up one and it opened just a bit more than on bottom....will raise it day after tomorrow if it doesn't open more. But for milli's....under this particular light and system like to be 5 or so inches from the light. The birdsnest on the other hand wants to be lower. Also....GSP wasn't very happy in direct light....didn't open till I moved it into shade.

Re: The LED experiment

So....in the 11 days this has been going I have seen 9 new polyps on one of the Eye of Ra frags....4 new on the yellows, 2 new on Devils Eye, 1 or 2 on the Lakers, and some trippy morphs on the ding dangs.....deep water frag melted to be my only loss.....and 3 new superman mushrooms....fuzzy is growing quickly.

Also added my dendro's to the system as another potential sacrifice. Starting with 3 heads.

The gravitational pull of the moon is the same every time it goes around the earth. It doesn't vary with the phase of the moon' date=' or whether its day or night.[/quote']

You are right. I wrote without thinking.

Still, even in a closed system (constant temperature and light) some annual periodical effects happens in a tank. Anemones splitting for instance.

So I believe we are not completely able to insulate a tank from the effects of seasons.