The LED experiment

CA2OR

So I received my new LED fixture today and I am stoked. Took the Rio Mini Sun down immediately and through this badboy up

Went with the 20k arrangement for color but it is said to produce good growth as well.

Current stock:

1 hairy Mushroom

1 frag of 5 polyps Devils Eye zoas

1 frag of 10 polyps metalic pink zoas

26b8812b.jpg

6cbba0bc.jpg

Comparison pic....MH 14k vs LED 20k

13ddfb8d.jpg

LED 20k vs PC's

c3472f9c.jpg

Will post updates frequently. The goal here is to find out exactly how LED's compare to MH.

Fixture has 40x 3w and 60x 1w for a total of 180w

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hey maybe I donate an SPS frag to see how it takes a liking to it-are you interested.

I did not know that there were corals besides SPS and Chalices-(nutty) at least not in a display

HMMM???

LMK-I have a piece (frag) I had to take down because I went and found a brilliant acro that I have never seen before and had to have it-(clap)

Re: The LED experiment

No not Maxspect....that will be for 60 cube....this is yescom (yes the same guys from ebay cheapy lights) but this was considered "custom", model is "Reef Grow Ultimate" not on ebay and not the $40 plant grow that people mistakenly get to save money, although the reef grow model is, and under $100....shipped!!! and "our top of the line with upgrades"....whew....that's a lot on a phone with a child in your arms.

I would love any sample pieces to put this light to the test....I would love to take you up on that Reefnjunkie....it looks absolutely amazing....these pics were with cell phone will take some with camera later when lights are set to go on.....this tank light schedule is offset from main display

No not Maxspect....that will be for 60 cube....this is yescom (yes the same guys from ebay cheapy lights) but this was considered "custom", model is "Reef Grow Ultimate" not on ebay, although the reef grow model is, and under $100....shipped!!! and "our top of the line with upgrades"....whew....that's a lot on a phone with a child in your arms.

I would love any sample pieces to put this light to the test....I would love to take you up on that Reefnjunkie....it looks absolutely amazing....these pics were with cell phone will take some with camera later when lights are set to go on.....this tank light schedule is offset from main display

I'll work out a time w/ya, since I am all over the portland metro-I'd say tomorrow but 3 days in a row is just to much-(laugh)

Maybe I will frag something not so high end just in case, maybe a milli or some tort-(scratch)

I'll figure something out.

They said "this particular light has shown and received very good feedback and results with SPS, LPS, and softies alike" this is going to be my "experiment" for the 60 cube's future. I will be either getting the Maxspect with crees or a replacement Pheonix 14k....we have 3 months to find out

Sounds good....what ever you like....I am going to throw that 6 eye hollywood stunner in here when it arrives.

I just have to say again, these pics do zero justice....on a visual aspect only I am WAY more impressed with this than I have been with any MH or T5 set up I have seen to date.....amazing color on corals....again that is only visual.....will find out on long term....but I have high expectations

I was just thinking that. I really wanna know....like I said I am finding out if I am going LED or not. If all said proves true seems to be a no brainer....but time will tell....if nothing else I paid under $100 for a great sump/fug light.....

Hey Reefn, can you snap a pic and pm me of whatever you are thinking....just for comparison....also if it turns south I will move into main tank and give back if you wish

Wish I had a ricordia other than the superman yuma to put in here as a try out I am going to cut some ding dangs for this tank but only a couple polyps

I have been getting mixed reviews....I have already have been working on pulling out my PC actinics and replacing them with LED's to get better pop....would go nicely with pheonix 14k....as stated if nothing else will make for nice fug light. But I did get the 3w HO's which is where all the hype is.

Pics of frags and current polyp counts or size

Ding dang 2 polyps

IMG_5933.jpg

Radioactive dragon eye 8 polyps

IMG_5930.jpg

Metallic pinks 14 polyps

IMG_5929.jpg

Fuzzy (hairy) mushroom

IMG_5931.jpg

A couple random shots