150 gal tank build

lewisriverfisherman

my phosphates were at 30 when i decided i should check them. i am runnin a lil fish reactor and i have them down to 14 after a month. I just checked my nitrates on friday and they are 2.5 witch kinda surprised me, i though they might be little higher cause i do feed kinda heavy. I think i can live with a 2.5 nitrate reading with all those fish in there. i wonder if my corals will suffer with that high of nitrates, i will have to keep an eye on them.

• 2 months later...

I just want everyone to see what i look at everyday. I know some of you don't have a lot of fish in your tanks because of sps and i understand that,but i want to have both. I just set up a calcium reactor about 3weeks ago so i think that will help greatly with my alk swings i was having. My nitrates are still at 2.5 which i know is not that great but i think its good with this many fish. Hope everyone enjoys this as much as i do. I have 23 fish in my system. Click on the pic to watch the video.

th_P1040820.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Bumping this up....this was my old tank I had to tear down.  The  video in the 2nd post works  but none of the other ones do, but some kewl pics.

There is not a lot of equipment info but I was running dual 250 watt HQI with 14k Phoenix bulbs and a sunlight supply ballast, cheap dual hydor power heads, I believe a ecoplus 1285 return pump,  and a Ruben Special  skimmer,  DA Reef keeper light,  I had a 5 gallon  deep remote sand bed that was plumbed into the sump.  

Enjoy, I'll see if I can dig up a few more videos 

• Like 1