2 Koralia Evo's Broken

Algae

Good news. I called up and Hydor answered on third ring. Walked me through the procedure. I believe that Impur mentioned the problem before. It is the lower bushing that can get built up with calcium. Really good response from Hydor for a $40.00 pump.

Now if they would just design it better.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a third one running backwards. Since it is an early model I know they have a bushing fix for it. My Quiet One 4,000 and Ocean Runner return pumps quit each lasted about 1 1/2 years. 5 pumps/powerheads in two weeks. Two brands I will never again purchase.

Just bought Eheim and Iwaki pumps. This hobby level stuff is junk, overall. I am used to there being a minimal difference in quality in tools. You can buy a Milwaukie corded drill and a Craftsman corded drill and although the price is substantially different they are essentially the same in performance and reliability (and I do like my Milwaukie drill) . Not so in aquarium products.

Saying that I do have a Visa-Therm glass heater that has lasted for 3 years and a 135 Euro Reef skimmer that I can't break.