Sign in to follow this  
CA2OR

CA2OR Zoa Grow Out Competition Update thread

Karma sucks...

I got home tonight and found that one of mine was starting to come off the plug. I ended up having to glue one of the babies down with it....

Oh well I deserved it for all the smack talk I was doing.

Karma sucks...

I got home tonight and found that one of mine was starting to come off the plug. I ended up having to glue one of the babies down with it....

Oh well I deserved it for all the smack talk I was doing.

aaaaaaaah hahaaaa ahahaaahahahaaaah hahah ah ahaaa or LMAO

:D

i eat karma on my ice cream man.

Off the few hundred zoas I have fragged a little dab of glue does the trick everytime, and seems to be doing the trick here now-It does look as if a few are pissed or taking a turn for the worse, but I got frags from the same group as all ya-so for me to get "replacement" frags goes against my beliefs regarding GOC's

Thats just me, others may have other thoughts but thats the way the cookie crumbles-

My vote is no replacements-

Toxic... any super glue (gel being best) works fine-I use the stuff from Home Depot-much less expsensive and the same results as when I bought the stuff the LFS sells for 10-15 a bottle (Sorry LFS)

Good luck everyone-I aint out yet, just handicapped

This is my first competition so I'm refraining from commenting on replacements since I have absolutely no background. Whatever the group, or Eric, or whomever decides is fine by me..

Regarding gluing though, I guess my problem is "pushing" the polyp onto the frag plug...it seems I would damage the polyp by trying to press it into the glue/frag plug. Or should I fill the gap with glue? Is there some sort of magic trick I'm missing? (scratch)

Did you smash or damage the polyp? Is the head still able to open?

I haven't done anything to mine. I think the 3 that are left are stable as-is. They are wide open. I'm more so asking for future reference.

I hate to say it: but I'm w/ reefn on this one. I don't want a replacement because it would seem to go against the spirit of things. If I rec'd a replacement, and ended up winning, or coming close, I wouldn't be able to have much pride in it.

It sucks, and I'm disappointed, but I will get over it. Good luck to everyone!

So should I just pickup my prize now? You do realize that I squirted some bleach in Erics tank when I picked up my frag. That's why I was first. I'm tryin to figure out if I just said that out loud.

Boy that's tempting. I'll tell you what - I'm supposed to get a car today. If I do, then awesome and I will take the frag. If not, I'll assume it's not meant to be. I'll let you know by tonight. Thx.

Mine seems fine and I havent seen any posts from Moto so Eric probably better hold the prizes till the end.:D

As far as giving out new frags, i'm not against it. We've only had them 2 weeks, what kind of advantage do we really have?

Re: CA2OR Zoa Grow Out Competition Update thread

Here is the colony almost completely grown back

c50e3678.jpg

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I forgot about this is it to late for me to post up if so no wories

it doesn't really matter, cause i'm going to win by default.