Mac vs. PC

Miniwhinny

OK, so I have zero to contribute to the conversation you guys are having. All i've ever used is PC. But since there seems to be alot of computer people involved in this thread I have some super important questions.

1. Has anyone seen "Date Night"?

2. Is the crazy "minority report" style computer Marky Mark uses in the movie real or just special effects?

3. If it is real what would one cost?

Sorry to Highjack I just really didnt want to start a new thread.(laugh)

MAC = Brilliant marketing...all you MAC fans are proof positive...workin overtime for Mr. Jobs.

I like them both. Mac for my design uses, but PC's for everything else.

For as much as many of you are on here, I didn't think you'd need much more than the Office Depot $275 special.

Aside from Apple/PC/Windows Etc...anyone ever tried Ubuntu? We run it on our home comps.

If I wasn't using a MacBook Pro as my main machine, I'd be running Ubuntu on a decent PC laptop. I've tinkered with it on and off and have been impressed with the distro; the Ubuntu people have done a good job putting together a solid, usable Linux desktop. IMO, it's still too UNIX-y for the general public but they're getting closer each release.

the Ubuntu people have done a good job putting together a solid' date=' usable Linux desktop. IMO, it's still too UNIX-y for the general public but they're getting closer each release.[/quote']

couldn't agree more. I set my daughter up on it, she is 7, and I want her to be able to use Linux desktops...then Windows and Mac OS will be a breeze.

Thought I'd follow up after everyone was so kind to give me so much input. I found out that THE one program that I absolutely must have has hiccups when used with a MAC and online through an iphone so after all that the choice was out of my hands.

So - I sit here typing this on my new Dell Inspiron 14...holy cow this thing is FASSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!! (clap) I'm loving it :D

Thank you everyone.

So....I am jealous....I was going to say you can save money on computer and get any new smartphone....iphone or droid....they pretty much are computers now....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

They're awesome - but my 51 year old eyes can't focus on things that small (laugh)