Your NFL team SUCKS!!

reefnjunkie

No I am keeping myself out of this one....I know a bit more about football than I admit but I don't follow it enough because it irritates me to see muscle bound men crying about money when they make millions already. Same with Baseball....."I only made 42 million last year" oh...how life must suck.

Theres a reason why those players make that much Eric. If ya wanna whine about someone lets talk about how much the owners make off them :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Your NFL team SUCKS!!

I am not whinning....its them that whine....then strike cause their millions aren't enough....they should kick the whinners and bring in more college kids who would LOVE to play for half that amount.

This is why I watch fights....they make that much too....but beat the crud outta eachother to earn it....:)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Albert Einstein wants to test the IQ of three men. He finds men with IQs of 250, 150, and 50. He asks the man with the 250 IQ, "What can you tell me about nuclear fission?" The man gives an answer appropriate to his 250 IQ, and Einstein moves on to the man with a 150 IQ. He asks him, "What can you tell me about Nuclear reactions?" The man gives him an answer appropriate for a 150 IQ. Einstein then asks the man with the 50 IQ, "HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS?"

Why is it that you can't get through an episode of COPS without seeing a drunk unshaven guy in a dirty Cowboys t-shirt getting arrested?

Q: Why was Barry Switzer carrying a gun?

A: He was practicing the Run and Shoot.

A news reporter was sitting in Central Park on his lunch break. There were two teenage boys throwing the football around. A huge Rotweiler gets loose from it's owner and pounces on one of the boys. The other one, in a fit of panic, picks up the biggest stick he could find and smashes it aginst the dog's head, killing it. The reporter runs over to the boys. "Wow! That was great! I can see the headline now: Giants Fan Saves Life of Best Friend!" "I am not a Giants fan", the boy replied. "Well, who are you a fan of, then?" asked the reporter. "I am a fan of America's Team, the Dallas Cowboys!". The next day, the headline read "Redneck Punk Brutally Slays Beloved Family Pet".

That's a good sig! lol.

Algae go back to your label making thread nerd boy!(nono):p

Q: Why was Barry Switzer carrying a gun?

A: He was practicing the Run and Shoot.

A news reporter was sitting in Central Park on his lunch break. There were two teenage boys throwing the football around. A huge Rotweiler gets loose from it's owner and pounces on one of the boys. The other one, in a fit of panic, picks up the biggest stick he could find and smashes it aginst the dog's head, killing it. The reporter runs over to the boys. "Wow! That was great! I can see the headline now: Giants Fan Saves Life of Best Friend!" "I am not a Giants fan", the boy replied. "Well, who are you a fan of, then?" asked the reporter. "I am a fan of America's Team, the Dallas Cowboys!". The next day, the headline read "Redneck Punk Brutally Slays Beloved Family Pet".

NFL Comissioner Roger Goodell has told Ben Roethlisberger that he'll be out of the action for the first 6 weeks of the NFL season. Ben was relieved, though, "I'm pretty sure Commish was talking about me playing football."(laugh)

Now thats funny.

The fact of the matter is the cowboys are no better then the niners. Neither has been to a super bowl in a decade and a half. Doesnt matter if one has a better record or not, nothing matters except superbowl wins.

I would rather have a losing record then go to the playoffs just to lose every year.

Now thats funny.

The fact of the matter is the cowboys are no better then the niners. Neither has been to a super bowl in a decade and a half. Doesnt matter if one has a better record or not, nothing matters except superbowl wins.

I would rather have a losing record then go to the playoffs just to lose every year.

I beg to differ. The superbowl should not be the only thing that matters. It's just one game and anyone can have an off day. As much as I hate the New England Patriots I think they were the better team when the Giants beat them.

Unlike most other championships (hockey, baseball, basketbal), with football it all comes down to one game.

As much as I cannot stand Brett Favre, I think the Minnesota Vikings were a better team than New Orleans but their game plan to beat the hell out of Brett Favre worked like a charm and then he did his usual last minute interception because he believes his own press that he is a God and can do it all.

I also think the Colts are a good team but they can't seem to make it or win the superbowl any more.

I think the records matter a great deal and that too much emphasis is placed on superbowl wins which is why Tom Brady was crowned the great one.

Re: Your NFL team SUCKS!!

I beg to differ. The superbowl should not be the only thing that matters.

I agree....there is cheerleaders at every game.......so....cheerleaders and superbowl are the only thing that matters

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6 rings that is all I have to say.....

Ok frank, but 2 of those are from seattle and arizona, I mean come on. Thats like saying, "yeah, we beat the rams, we are awesome". Not to mention a very bad call in the seattle game and the fact that kurt Whiner almost beat them.

Eric, agreed.

And yes, if not to play in the super bowl, why else would they play the game. That is all that matters in the end. You could be 16 and 0 and get booted in the first round. that 16-0 didnt mean anything did it. Its all about the rings. No remembers 12 winning record seasons, but we all sure dont forget 5 rings or 6 rings.

and for the record

http://www.superbowlhistory.net/superbowl/standings.php

6 is 6 and know one can say that... But Arizona was a good team not to mention that year we had the hardest schedule of any team and still went... Look what we had to do the year we beat Seattle we had to win out 7 games in a row .....

Wow Frank, I didn't know you were part of the team....(whistle);)

So by that argument when the Cowboys (because they eventually will) win one more superbowl and match Pittsburgh's record everyone will quit hating on the Cowboys and admit they are a good team?:D

Somehow I doubt it....

6 is 6 and know one can say that... But Arizona was a good team not to mention that year we had the hardest schedule of any team and still went... Look what we had to do the year we beat Seattle we had to win out 7 games in a row .....

Arizona a good team? Come on, they lucked their way into the super bowl. Heck even the crappy niners beat them twice that year.

even the ref of that seattle game came out recently and admitted he totally blew that call in the superbowl.

Arizona a good team? Come on, they lucked their way into the super bowl. Heck even the crappy niners beat them twice that year.

even the ref of that seattle game came out recently and admitted he totally blew that call in the superbowl.

Wow thanks Frank...(clap) I actually agree with Josh (laugh) So it seems a lot of people are changing their signatures and avatars.. (laugh)I need to find a Dallas Cowboys one.

By the way... they lost to the Raiders today in a preseason game(sad) but it doesn't matter because I couldn't watch it and the Raiders only win in preseason..(laugh)

The superbowl is all that matters, you are not remembered for a good season if you don't get the ring at the end. It is a playoff system, so the the debate of who deserves to be in the game is over. That is one thing that is great about the NFL (although I have many issues with it) You win you keep playing.......No debates....Cowboys will never catch up to Pittsburg...We are not done yet.....and yes Dallas stinks...

If the Superbowl was the only thing that mattered nfl football would be very boring indeed. So you saying that the achievements of some of the greatest quarterbacks didn't matter?

Dan Marino never won a superbowl (terrible quarterback;))

Peyton Manning with the colts just won one (awful player....(laugh)). The Colts one of the more dominant teams of this decade have only one won.

Dan Fouts (real loser couldn't win the big one);)

Kurt Warner (barely eeked out one win)

Brett Favre (only one, again I do think he is overrated)

Really someone is going to argue that Eli Manning is as good a qb as his brother because they have the same number of rings?DOH!

To be honest I have found many of the superbowl games boring and sometimes blowouts (poor Buffalo)and I think many of you would admit that watching SF and Dallas battle in the nfc championships was far more exciting and memorable than many of the superbowl games. SF ended up blowing out 2 of the afc teams. Also watching the Colts and Patriots duke it out has been more interesting.

It's not always the best 2 teams that make it to the Superbowl. Sometimes they are in the same conference.

All players above are great individuals.They were successfull. But I think the superbowl is about team achievement. Not saying that teams / people do not perform well and do great things all season, and the game might be boring but they were the best team that season. They did what no other teams were able to do that year. So when comparing team success, yes superbowl is what matters. Unless the Cowgirls win then somehow another team got screwed and things were messed up and all logic above is discarded and irrelevent....... Because they stink. (Sorry, still don't do smilies and stuff to make post look good, insert smile face here...)

Hey Kim i found something for you

Check out that team you like tied for 2nd

SECcheatinghall030908.jpg

So shall we call it Cheaters A&M now? (laugh)

Thanks for the statistics Miles..(laugh) Can you look up which college teams has the most players with felonies too...(laugh)

Sigh(sad) the glory years when we had the best team money could buy..(drooler)(clap)

[language filter] you NCAA and your stupid rule infractions...(wife):p

What's wrong with paying good college players?(laugh)(nutty)

To be honest the cheating an payouts go on for every top ranked NCAA team and college ball has gotten as corporate as professional football which has dulled my interest some.

I am an Oregon Duck fan but I have to admit Phil Knight donating 100s of millions of dollars to them so they could have 10 different colored uniforms and add stupid feathers to the shoulder pads tarnished their image for me a bit.

I also have to admit that I much preferred the old Texas Stadium to the fancy new one with the 40 million dollar HD jumbotron. You could actually get down near the field in the old one and watch them warm up for the game. Now you have to buy a 50,000 dollar seat option to get to those seats.

And Jimmy K, Lenny told me he wants to come back. He will not be brainwashed...(laugh)

That title is clearly Florida's.

You may not like the unis, but then you aren't an 17-18 year old football player.

ESPN polled 135 current NCAA football players, guess who they picked for the best unis?

Which team has the best uniforms?

This was an Oregon landslide (53.7%). One Big Ten star was particularly blown away. "I don't even have to think about that one," he says. "I almost wanted to transfer there just for those uniforms." As for worst unis, winner Wyoming's brown-and-yellow jerseys elicited 18.9%. Wonders one player: "The worst colors ever? What is that, piss and poop?"

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insider/news/story?id=5453421

Title of thread now changing to college and nfl football uniforms

That title is clearly Florida's.

You may not like the unis, but then you aren't an 17-18 year old football player.

ESPN polled 135 current NCAA football players, guess who they picked for the best unis?

Which team has the best uniforms?

This was an Oregon landslide (53.7%). One Big Ten star was particularly blown away. "I don't even have to think about that one," he says. "I almost wanted to transfer there just for those uniforms." As for worst unis, winner Wyoming's brown-and-yellow jerseys elicited 18.9%. Wonders one player: "The worst colors ever? What is that, piss and poop?"

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insider/news/story?id=5453421

Ever notice how these threads drift way off topic..:p

Miles you're missing my point. I like most of the Ducks uniforms. The gray ones are ugly though.(puke) My point is they already had nice uniforms. And uniforms do matter. They shouldn't, but they do when you are thinking about merchandising. Before I moved here I didn't know anything about the Ducks and Beavers. I was heavily entrenched in Texas football. I chose to be a Duck fan simply because the Beavers uniforms are so ugly. Sorry Beaver fans...:p My point is they didnt' need to spend millions of dollars to have a designer add feathers and more color designs...(laugh) A complete waste of money.

Look at Pittsburgh, they didn't even bother to add a logo to the other side of their helmet.(laugh)

Ugliest NFL uniform would have to go to the cleveland browns and the bears.

Best remake of a uniform would go to the Bengals (they looked a lot like the Browns before the stripes were added)Broncos was an improvement.

Best that have held up over time:

Dallas cowboys. Love their throwback uniforms. No bias here because I also think the Steelers have a classic design that has not gone out of style.

Prettiest: (not sure if teams would appreciate this title)

Minnesota vikings, Baltimore Ravens, Chargers.

Well it is basically just a flame thread, so its bound to go all sorts of directions.

There are no full grey uniforms. There is a carbon helmet, but the jerseys are green, black, yellow, throwback and 2 white. There are grey pants.

I wish the Niners would update their jerseys. I love the helmets, but the jerseys are too dated.