How bout them COWBOYS!!!

NoobtoSalt

14 hours ago, spectra said:

Yeah they just cut there kicker who was pretty good..................

He hasn’t been the same after his injury last year. I imagine he will get back to pro bowl form but I suppose they couldn’t afford to keep 2 kickers. Poor kickers get no love.🙁 

I’m more concerned with the O line and the lack of a decent QB backup. 

Preseason was pretty boring this year as you didn’t get to see much starter play. It’s sad when the most exciting game is the Cleveland Browns.:joking:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Emerald525 said:

He hasn’t been the same after his injury last year. I imagine he will get back to pro bowl form but I suppose they couldn’t afford to keep 2 kickers. Poor kickers get no love.🙁 

I’m more concerned with the O line and the lack of a decent QB backup. 

Preseason was pretty boring this year as you didn’t get to see much starter play. It’s sad when the most exciting game is the Cleveland Browns.:joking:

Well, at least your team didn't give away it's best defensive player in a generation.  Ugh.  Oh, and we don't have a QB2 or a decent punter either so there is that.  Sigh. 😞

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, albertareef said:

Well, at least your team didn't give away it's best defensive player in a generation.  Ugh.  Oh, and we don't have a QB2 or a decent punter either so there is that.  Sigh. 😞

If only your new coach was half as good as he thinks he is.  I can’t stand John Gruden. They got quite the trade value for him though so they will be well stacked with draft picks for the next 2 years. 

9 minutes ago, Emerald525 said:

If only your new coach was half as good as he thinks he is.  I can’t stand John Gruden. They got quite the trade value for him though so they will be well stacked with draft picks for the next 2 years. 

Well... was never a Gruden fan myself either - much more a John Madden kind of guy.  And yes, I know I am dating myself here.  Also, given that we just ditched a whole bunch of previous second round picks lately my faith in the draft prowess of this group isn't high.  Kill the late round and UDFAs but man, second round (other than Carr) has been brutal lately - that was was even before Gruden was around to mess it up ala Tampa Bay.  Not feeling it right now...

59 minutes ago, albertareef said:

Well... was never a Gruden fan myself either - much more a John Madden kind of guy.  And yes, I know I am dating myself here.  Also, given that we just ditched a whole bunch of previous second round picks lately my faith in the draft prowess of this group isn't high.  Kill the late round and UDFAs but man, second round (other than Carr) has been brutal lately - that was was even before Gruden was around to mess it up ala Tampa Bay.  Not feeling it right now...

Well that’s when the Raiders were actually relevant when John Madden was coaching them.  Glad to see John Gruden off of MNF. 

It is hard to say how the year will go for anyone other than the Patriots (:sick:) always seem to make it to the playoffs. 

I am excited for football again though !!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
7 hours ago, spectra said:

Oh I was thinking about this thread last night :laugh: but figured why rub salt in the wounds............

As much as I would like to talk some “boys” smack, they were worlds better than the *#^% show that was the Raiders this year. No end in sight either 😞

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, albertareef said:

Oh man... do I have to see this again!  At least the Raiders are giving "the Boyz" a run for the drama queen award this year.  Sigh.

Thats for sure..................

Big Ben is laughing his [language filter] off I do know that.................

Edited by spectra
  • Like 1