I need an electronics geek

WAVES

I have a Dolby computer sound system, has a decoder and fiber optic audio input. Problem is the sub (which is the crossover thing too) has failed. I now get sound only out of 1-2 speakers rather than 5.1.

Anyone know how to open this thing up and see about fixing it? Its got lots of space, and seems to be layed out cleanly (i took off the back).

Any takers? Id rather not have to fork out another $200-300 for another THX system for our puney little theater room. Plus all these speakers are all wired in etc already....

help! I got frags for the repair man!

I would be checking if the wires are messed up. Retighten connections, wiggle wires around checking if sound comes on. Some of the newer stereos will not put power to say left and right if 1 wire is cut.

Or, if this is something like a Creative labs sound card in a PC hooked up to home theater system, it's likely driver related. Download and reinstall the latest drivers from Mfg.'s website. Give me a call if you're stuck.

503-558-8738

no this is hooked to my DVD via Fiber optics audio,,, I have 2 of these systems,,, I tried new wires, I tried replacing the decoder (which is the remote, brains etc etc). Nothing worked, until I swapped out the sub which has amplification stuff in it,,,

• 2 weeks later...