Accident Contest ticket?

moovinfast

So I was in a car accident the other day. Someone rear ended me while I was stopped for a pedestrian that was crossing in the cross walk. He claimed that my tail lights didnt work. Had an officer show up and had me test my tail lights. Low and behold they didnt work after the accident. I know they were working, because I just checked them all a few weeks before after an oil change. Anyways, his insurance is trying not to take blame saying that its my fault the lights didnt work. So I know I have to go to court to contest the ticket.

So when I got home I checked all the fueses and 2 were blown. So I replaced them and they blew again. So I decided to remove the wrecked tail light thinking it was grounded. The break lights work now. And the driver side bulb isnt blown. Its in tact but not attached. It looks like it was knocked loose. Think this will work with these pics?

http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae189/Daniel-alyssa-car/

Hopefully you got the pedestrains name and he can back up your story that you were stopped for him.

But to me if you got rear-ended by someone else...... they are at fault.

They are suppose to give themselves 'a safe distance' from you to stop carefully.

Who is to say that the wreck didn't ruin the brakelights.

Personally I would fight it.

Like I said before........I was taught/brought up that if I rearended someone it was my fault unless they were driving irratic.

Good Luck!

your insurance should fight it for you. When i was hit from behind by a motorcyclist, his insurance company tried to blame me for part of the liability because he said i stopped to fast when i had been stopped in the street with my left turn signal on for at least 20 seconds waiting for traffic to pass. I told them to blow goats, its a pain but you will win if you hold your ground. So would the guy have hit the pedestrian because the pedestrian didn't have any lights on them? If you hit anything in front of you, its your fault for not watching what your doing. i'd fight it 110%

Hopefully you got the pedestrains name and he can back up your story that you were stopped for him.

But to me if you got rear-ended by someone else...... they are at fault.

They are suppose to give themselves 'a safe distance' from you to stop carefully.

Who is to say that the wreck didn't ruin the brakelights.

Personally I would fight it.

Like I said before........I was taught/brought up that if I rearended someone it was my fault unless they were driving irratic.

Good Luck!

When I first saw the title I thought it was new contest!

Agreed. I don't even think that you need to prove that there was a pedestrian. The fact that you stopped points to the fact that there was something in the road.

My wife "caused" an accident by not putting on her turn signal and the car that was two cars back hit the car behind her. She admitted not having her turn signal on. The woman in the third car blamed her and said she would have to pay. The insurance company didn't even call us.

If you hit something, you are liable.