new family member

Holly

No, not our first dog. Years ago, we had danes. Very sweet dogs but they don't live very long. :(

My husband's a boxer guy. His old boxer died of brain cancer at 10yrs of age. Husband prefers big dogs. I love boxers too but they need room to run around (our yard is very small), and our kids are scared of larger dogs.

Whitman is PERFECT. Quiet, smart, affectionate, non-destructive, doesn't dig or chew, doesn't require long walks, almost house-trained already, perfect size for the kids, totally loves people... I've never had a dog this perfect before. (clap)

Yeah, they're kinda pricey, unfortunately.

What kinda pup did you get Michael? How old is it? I must've missed that post...

and if you are house training a small dog dont use the potty pad things that look like diaper pads if you can avoid it. afterthey quit usingthem they choose to have thier "accidents" on your bathroom and kitchen rugs cuz they seem to think they are potty pads...lol

We trained our golden retriever by using a cheap flat rubbermaid type box...like a cat litter box filled with cedar shavings. It worked great and didn't stink that bad either. Figured if a cat does it, why not a dog!

Oh, and i dont know how crazy any of you guys are about ur dogs but my wife has made a Myspace page for ours and he has like 100 dachsund friends....LOL. if you search under skippypuppy or heres a link that might work. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=70428704&MyToken=76656d20-c6fe-495c-ba26-1326204339df

Holly- very cute puppy, I've heard they are great dogs.

Mister Crab- Nice doxie, got a little girl (Heidi) of my own too and he has a a big German Shepard friend (Kole).

dogandstuff002.jpg

Rich's dogs are awesome...the german shepard is so very sweet, even though it is a big dog. And the little one thinks he is a s big as the germen shepard. but they are both very sweet.

heres a couple of pics of our mini dachsund we got last xmas. His name is "Skippy" If anyone knows of anybody breeding dachsunds we would like to get a black and tan female to breed him with. as long as they arent charging an arm and a leg for them!

camerapics114.jpg

camerapics041.jpg

Interesting. You see "red eyes" all the time.... (scratch)

Cute doggies everyone!