A call to all our sponsors and members! Help a child and family in need!

Emerald525

A call to all our sponsors and members! Help a child and family in need!  

1. 1.

• A:10 dollars a ticket! It's for a good cause
    • B:10 dollars and then 5$ each additional ticket
    • C:More than 10 dollars
    • D:Less than 5 dollars
    • E:Add an auction on ebay

When I first heard about this child, thanks to R-3 I was very touched. I work with children and one of the saddest things to see is an innocent child suffer and for a family to go through the chemo treatments, the hair loss, the hospitalizations. I have been also touched with the outpouring of people wanting to help. I will be holding a raffle as a fund raiser.

rylee1.jpg

Let's show reef2reef what a truly awesome forum we have!(clap)

Here's the reef2reef thread

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/announcements/45207-hey-r2r-lets-help-fellow-hobbyist.html

Here are the donations so far!(clap)

From Jody Totally Exotic Corals (TECO)

Tyree Watermelon(clap)(drooler)

IMG_5188.jpg

Miami Hurricaine! (drooler) one eye

IMG_5190.jpg

Frag of the Reverse Superman Monti!(clap)(drooler)

IMG_5187.jpg

Frag of the Aussie Echinata!(clap)(drooler)

IMG_5184.jpg

From Perry Ocean in a Box (OIAB)!

Neon Green Fungia (clap)(drooler)

fun7.jpg

Garrett, The Premium Aquarium

3 SPS colonies, 5 zoa frags, and 3 various Euphylia frags(clap)

3 Acro colonies!(clap)

DSC05803ARW.jpg

3 Euphylia frags(clap)

DSC05807ARW.jpg

5 zoa coloines!(clap)

DSC05808ARW.jpg

Tim at Westside

100 dollars to go directly into the Rylee Simmons Fund(clap)

Randy-s has kindly agreed to donate too!

Thanks to all of our wonderful sponsors.(clap) I will post more when I hear back from other people. Bring your money to the meeting to get raffle tickets!

Kim-

How much are the raffle tickets selling for?

(if people know they can bring the money, since you won't tell us)

Shhhhh it's a secret Michael. I was getting to that. That's for another thread. Should I start a poll?(laugh) I was thinking either 5 or 10 dollars a ticket? What do people think?

Did you see those donations?:eek:

Sweet idea

thanks for setting this up' date=' kim! personally, i would suggest that the tickets be $10 for the first one, and $5 for each thereafter.[/quote']

That is a great idea-10.00 for the 1st and 5.00 for each one after-its a great cause and the extra 5.00 for the first ticket is worth it.

You know I am anti-social and get jumpy around groups of more than 1 person-how does someone not going to the meeting get involved, and who is doing the drawing- I can do it remotely and let you guys/gals know I won-I mean "who won-(laugh)

Serious though how do those not going to the meeting get to partake

Is it a single winner and they choose form all the prizes-

was up

was up

was up

That is a great idea-10.00 for the 1st and 5.00 for each one after-its a great cause and the extra 5.00 for the first ticket is worth it.

You know I am anti-social and get jumpy around groups of more than 1 person-how does someone not going to the meeting get involved, and who is doing the drawing- I can do it remotely and let you guys/gals know I won-I mean "who won-(laugh)

Serious though how do those not going to the meeting get to partake

Is it a single winner and they choose form all the prizes-

was up

was up

was up

I'm working on it Reefy! I thought it would be cool to bundle some of the prizes more chances to win.

The tentative plan for now is to start offering tickets at the meeting but continuing the raffle through the month and actually doing the drawing at the next meeting in August depending on how many tickets are sold. If I don't think there is enough sold then I will hold it over to the september meeting.

For those who can't make it to the meeting, you can paypal me the money for the tickets, pay cash.

This thread is mainly to see if any other sponsors want to offer anything up for this great cause.

I just posted this in the other thread but could we set up an auction and raffle? I think that would bring in even more $$ for her.

I'm open to suggestions Randy. This is a group thing and there are some nice prizes.

The paypal account would be the same.

Anyone else who wants to chime in with thoughts I am all ears!

I do have a question though....and I am sure this will be taken wrong. I do feel quite bad for the little girl that R2R is helping, but I am curious why we aren't doing anything like this for all the kids local to us with the same or similar conditions.....there are just as many here with cancer and other ailments along with homeless and so on. Seems we could look "in our own backyards" for someone to help too....

again to recap to try and avoid an explosion.....

I AM down to donate to the cause laid forward in this thread

I AM down to purchase tickets to raise funds

I DO feel bad for this girl

and

I do think we should be helping those local to us. R2R is doing a bang up job helping that girl and her family....I think locally would be more heart felt. JMO...

AGAIN I AM ALL FOR THIS CAUSE....don't want this to be taken wrong like EVERYTHING else I say.

Reason I say this is R2R is running a fund raiser while charging $300+ for sponsorship....each month....each sponsor....they already have the means to help right there with 40+ sponsors

I think we should have a poll to figure out if you are the poll queen. Seems like a bold statement.....maybe you are only the poll princess.....(scratch)

LOL I don't think people could stand another poll from me!

I do have a question though....and I am sure this will be taken wrong. I do feel quite bad for the little girl that R2R is helping' date=' but I am curious why we aren't doing anything like this for all the kids local to us with the same or similar conditions.....there are just as many here with cancer and other ailments along with homeless and so on. Seems we could look "in our own backyards" for someone to help too....[/quote']

It's a reasonable question. Times are hard for a lot of people. I actually am involved in many things to help children in the local community and do volunteer my time and money for different causes primarily for children. Some (Brad are you listening) would call me a bleeding heart ......

The reason this is posted here is because the family is a fellow coral farmer and is a great way to help out a fellow hobbyist and fellow coral farmer as the community is a small one. I also think it would be great way to connect with other forums and show everyone what a truly great organization we have here.

Re: A call to all our sponsors and members! Help a child and family in need!

Reason I say this is R2R is running a fund raiser while charging $300+ for sponsorship....each month....each sponsor....they already have the means to help right there with 40+ sponsors

That and when I suggested us joining NCRA as friends to "connect with other clubs" it was expressed quite clearly that PNWMAS has no interest.

But I agree with your thought process

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Maybe after this raffle is done to help this little girl, maybe we can do something for a charity group around here.

Be it another raffle or just a collection of money and then we can (as a club) donate it to the Cancer Society or whatever charity we choose.

I agree, making a donation to a local charity group as a club would be a great thing for us to do.

Raffle for Rylee

I will be selling raffle tickets at the meeting folks.Thanks for all the suggestions for price. Sorry my poll questions weren't very good.

Tickets will be 5 dollars each or 5 for 20 dollars!(clap)

There are lots of items so everyone has a great chance to win! It will be fun and for a good cause. Again a big thanks to our wonderful sponsors who contributed, TECO, Garrett, OIAB, and Westside

Here's my plan for how the drawing order will go! But I'm open to suggestions:

1. Miami Hurricaine (as pictured!)

2. Tyree Watermelon

3. Frag of Reverse Superman Monti

4. Frag of the Aussie Echinata

5. Neon Green Fungia Plate

6. 3 SPS colonies

7. 5 zoa frags

8. 3 Euphylia frags

I will add more when I hear about other donations! Drawing will be held at the next PNWMAS meeting

Those who will not be going to the meeting, I will be selling these through the month. Please contact me via PM to arrange payment and I will mail you the tickets. Please put comment on how many you want

I do have a question though....and I am sure this will be taken wrong. I do feel quite bad for the little girl that R2R is helping, but I am curious why we aren't doing anything like this for all the kids local to us with the same or similar conditions.....there are just as many here with cancer and other ailments along with homeless and so on. Seems we could look "in our own backyards" for someone to help too....

again to recap to try and avoid an explosion.....

I AM down to donate to the cause laid forward in this thread

I AM down to purchase tickets to raise funds

I DO feel bad for this girl

and

I do think we should be helping those local to us. R2R is doing a bang up job helping that girl and her family....I think locally would be more heart felt. JMO...

AGAIN I AM ALL FOR THIS CAUSE....don't want this to be taken wrong like EVERYTHING else I say.

Hey, stop stealing words from my mouth.(laugh)

Give to a great cause!

Come on people did you see those prizes!!!??? Please contact me via PM to arrange payment and I will mail you the tickets!!! It's for a good cause!(clap)(clap)

Thanks for all who contributed we raised 245 dollars at the meeting not including the generous donation from Tim at Westside!

Tickets are 5 dollars each or 5 for 20 dollars!(clap) Drawing to be held at next meeting.

How about I look into fragging the miami hurricaine colony, seperating out all the prizes to increase everyone's chance to win!??? I'm going to buy a bunch of tickets. A 4 eye frag of miami hurricaine was 140 dollars for me.

Don't make me put up another poll!