Where did the drama go??

Emerald525

how is it that when others blast sponsors on here the threads get pulled but when a New aponsor disrespects the whole group hes able to keep at it. i realize i closed the thread the other day but it was lEss of freedom of speech than it was about respecting the club. not trying to disrespect gill but hes not even a member(which is fine if you dont want to blow your cash on it) but why DOnt these threads get taken to members only where tHey belong.

sorry using my phone so lots of grammar errors..lol.

what?????????????????????

I just did not understand your thread Gill. Im sorry I wasnt more clear on what the ???? was about. It was just a random post.

First you say how sponsors are invaluable. Then it goes into yanking all of them and losing $1500 a year that keeps this site going. Then you say they are bullies and they call you a troll. Then there is the usual first ammendment talk.

how is it that when others blast sponsors on here the threads get pulled but when a New aponsor disrespects the whole group hes able to keep at it. i realize i closed the thread the other day but it was lEss of freedom of speech than it was about respecting the club. not trying to disrespect gill but hes not even a member(which is fine if you dont want to blow your cash on it) but why DOnt these threads get taken to members only where tHey belong.

sorry using my phone so lots of grammar errors..lol.

Again wrong thread Jesse...everyone has long since forgotten the original thread and it was put back...(laugh)

Jesse and Gill you both are nice and reasonable people. I have met both of you. I hope you two can work it out because my guess is you would actually like each other.

Like I said before, I consider Eric more of a member than a sponsor.

I just did not understand your thread Gill. Im sorry I wasnt more clear on what the ???? was about. It was just a random post.

First you say how sponsors are invaluable. Then it goes into yanking all of them and losing $1500 a year that keeps this site going. Then you say they are bullies and they call you a troll. Then there is the usual first ammendment talk.

sorry (sad)(sad)(sad)(sad)

True. I was just thinking based on erics posts it has become a member thread versus an everyone thread. People that are not paying members shouldn't be adding insult to injury..

Either way it will be nice when this all dies down in the next day or so..

Noob. If this was a members only discussion it should have been started there :)

UM, the first amendment is not an adequate argument in this case as this is a private club, therefore, the board and officers are enabled to determine what content is allowed and disallowed. Thus they are free from prosecution for 1st amendment violations.

Eric, this seems in bad taste and you probably should have directed your feelings and comment to the board either in PM's or in a private chat with them. On what grounds do you accuse anyone with stealing? That could be determined as slander and could be grounds for civil action against you.

Ahhhh. There's just too much to follow anymore...lol

Have a good night all..

And Kim I have no hard feelings for gill. I've said a few times I think that he was.a nice guy. We just have a few different views on things. No worries. I'm assuming he understands that as well.

UM, the first amendment is not an adequate argument in this case as this is a private club, therefore, the board and officers are enabled to determine what content is allowed and disallowed. Thus they are free from prosecution for 1st amendment violations.

Eric, this seems in bad taste and you probably should have directed your feelings and comment to the board either in PM's or in a private chat with them. On what grounds do you accuse anyone with stealing? That could be determined as slander and could be grounds for civil action against you.

wow Bob you sure know how to silence a crowd

Ahhhh. There's just too much to follow anymore...lol

Have a good night all..

And Kim I have no hard feelings for gill. I've said a few times I think that he was.a nice guy. We just have a few different views on things. No worries. I'm assuming he understands that as well.

yet you suggestively state that he "was" a nice guy. so is he now or not? come on make up your minds.(nutty)

Just so ya'll know, I love this forum! I love the sponsors, I love the deals, I love to see the "share the love" posts, I love the genorosity! When I had a tank crash members and sponsors alike came to my aid! I really appreciate the common appreciation we all have for reefing. It really hurts my heart when I see people have to leave the hobby. I just got done reading this entire thread for the first time and all of it really seems to go here and there. I hope that we can come together as a fluid group and rationally see the big picture. I love this hobby and I am always pointing people that I meet at the LFS's to come here and enjoy the wonderful information that you all have. I do go into non sponsors and continually point them in this direction. I agree that we are a family minded cite and I do enjoy the ettiquette that is monitored here. I also know that we as a whole should know that this is for the members as well as the sponsors. "Group Buys" here and there are few and far between and if they get to help our members than there should not be hurt feelings or concern but rather the opposite and there may be a shared opportunity. When one door closes another will open. We all put a lot of energy into this and it has become a passion of ours. A very expensive one at that. All in all I hope that we can find the love in all we do when it comes to reefing. Cause I for one have really been affected by the oil flowing into our ocean and it has put a real prespective on how much I really appreciate even having the opportunity to enjoy my tanks!

Sunshine and Smiles,

Clay

• Like 1

Re: Where did the drama go??

It is not about the money....I don't care about the money, this is not about the GOC donations as I already know about all of those too.

I am not hurt by anything said, and I don't care anymore about the donations but to clear something up here, this is not about TECO, I only mentioned TECO specifically as he is the only one I know of, not saying others didn't donate as I know that others have. But I was, again WAS, interested to see what other sponsors had donated.

Again, NOT ABOUT GOC, NOT ABOUT MONEY, and lastly no list is required as I am not interested anymore. I am dropping out of this conversation now, sorry to offend the BOD, sponsors, and anyone else who took offense. The only reason the "accusations" came out was from the lack of answers or defensive standpoints.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Offhand, here is what I remember from the past:

TECO- Ton's of frags, gift certificates, probably more

Soutas- Lot's of frags

SWF- buckets of salt, gift Certs,

Upscales- gift certs

DJL- 30 gallon acrylic tank with custom stand and canopy

Envision- Many tanks and once a killer frag system

Westside- Gift Certs

Seahorse- gift Certs

Waves- gift certs

Air, water, ice- RO/DI unit

By no means is this official, just what I remember off the top of my head. I won a chiller one year, but don't remember who donated it. There was a DE light system one time, a ReefKeeper Elite controller, many other gift certs.

It is not about the money....I don't care about the money, this is not about the GOC donations as I already know about all of those too.

I am not hurt by anything said, and I don't care anymore about the donations but to clear something up here, this is not about TECO, I only mentioned TECO specifically as he is the only one I know of, not saying others didn't donate as I know that others have. But I was, again WAS, interested to see what other sponsors had donated.

Again, NOT ABOUT GOC, NOT ABOUT MONEY, and lastly no list is required as I am not interested anymore. I am dropping out of this conversation now, sorry to offend the BOD, sponsors, and anyone else who took offense. The only reason the "accusations" came out was from the lack of answers or defensive standpoints.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

A public request was made, so the BOD is gonna answer, independently from your interest.

:eek::eek: (popcorn)

(scary)(scary)(popcorn)

(flame)(flame)(popcorn)

:D:D(popcorn)

(wife)(wife)(popcorn)

Well, Kim, you asked for drama...

Seems like we got drama from like 3 or 4 other threads here?

Actually, maybe this is a great way to handle things. If there is drama over anything, it should all be funneled into this thread. That way if people want to know where the action is, they can always count on something divisive and irritating going on. And the rest of the forum can be rainbows and puppies. Sorry, Clay. You won't be able to post on this one. ;)

• Like 1

:eek::eek: (popcorn)

(scary)(scary)(popcorn)

(flame)(flame)(popcorn)

:D:D(popcorn)

(wife)(wife)(popcorn)

Well, Kim, you asked for drama...

Seems like we got drama from like 3 or 4 other threads here?

Actually, maybe this is a great way to handle things. If there is drama over anything, it should all be funneled into this thread. That way if people want to know where the action is, they can always count on something divisive and irritating going on. And the rest of the forum can be rainbows and puppies. Sorry, Clay. You won't be able to post on this one. ;)

rofl

(popcorn)

And as I am thinking about it Eric, I was harsh in my criticism. When I feel people I care about our personally attacked I get angry. I know for the most part you respect the board members. There are a few officers and former officers you have personal issues with which is fine. Unlike Clay the beacon of positivity (not being sarcastic Clay, just impressed Clay) I have issues with certain sponsors not so much the individuals here. People who have met me know this. I call it being human. In reading this thread people may assume you have personally done something to me which you have not. Like I said before it's the double talk and blind accusations with no facts that irritates the crap out of me. I don't expect everyone to agree with me just ask Brad LOL. When you make blanket statements about "the board and officers" sometimes it is helpful to step back and picture the individual members.

Butterflies and Kittens!(rock2)