Harliquin FINALLY came outta hiding...

CA2OR

Just thought I would share some pic's of my Harliquin. Picked him up after I watched an Astina Starfish kill my Red Hornet(flame). Anyway although he has been eating all quite well he hasn't decided to come out with the lights on until today.

Harliquin2.jpg

Harliquin6.jpg

Harliquin7.jpg

Re: Harliquin FINALLY came outta hiding...

Usually they are out and about when they're hungry.

Nice shot!

Thanks for the compliment....I figured as much when I saw him out...first thought was "gguess your hungry now"....lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Re: Harliquin FINALLY came outta hiding...

Saw one on the RH one day and pulled him off....next couple days I noticed discoloration....after a few more it started to shrink...then gone....worse yet it took 2 more with it....praying for the final 2

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Chocolate chip stars are cheep, and you can cut an arm of one and feed it to the shrimp each week or so. At that rate it is about $5-10 a month to feed the critter. If you have enough stars in enough different tanks you can rotate through cuttings and keep your shrimp fed and still keep the food supply around. The star will grow back a new arm in a month or two.

It is a gross practice that I can't see myself doing, but some people like keeping the shrimp enough that they will sacrifice a star a month to keep the shrimp happy and fed.

On the other hand, most of us eat meat. Some people must keep cows, chickens, and pigs to keep us happy and fed...

dsoz

• 2 weeks later...

You're getting some great pics of him. Mine likes to hang out on my hand when I'm working in the tank.Found 2 baby brittle stars in the tank today and rescued them before the shrimp found them. Seriously thinking about setting up a tank just for the harliquin after he is done cleaning my tank up. Are you getting rid of yours after he eats all your stars?