PETCO $1/Gallon Sale

USCG CWO

LOL... GREAT.... Just what I need... another tank! Does that mean we are getting rid of the little frag tank???

No I love our little frag tank! It might make a better sump. Would definitely work better for a quarantine tank or who says we can't add another frag tank?(laugh)

You gals aren't thinking. The little frag tank can be the sump for your new larger 40B frag tank!!!!!

The 40B just has a perfect footprint. I'm going to use mine to replace my 29gal currently being used for QT/frags.

LOL! I have a feeling as I sit and debate people are heading over to Petco and the 40b will be sold out.(laugh)

I'm thinking it would not fit on the 15gallon stand and that we would not have enough room in the corner where are 15gallon tank is now sitting but I could be wrong.

The frag tank they have is as cute as a drunken, drug addled, stink throwing, evil, satanic, Monkey Clown.

It is actually really a nice looking little tank! You need to keep the little jewel!

I love 40B's. (nono)

For a sump they are perfect for a skimmer since a skimmer is optimized to usually work at about 8.5 inches deep. The 16" H. also allows you to remove the skimmer more easily that a taller tank.

Remember the Inverse Square Law of Light? Well the 16" allow you to throw less light at it than a tall tank. Being 18" wide you have a lot of room for frag racks.

You two need to run down and get one like all the cool people are doing. Don't be left out!

The frag tank they have is as cute as a drunken, drug addled, stink throwing, evil, satanic, Monkey Clown.

It is actually really a nice looking little tank! You need to keep the little jewel!

I love 40B's. (nono)

For a sump they are perfect for a skimmer since a skimmer is optimized to usually work at about 8.5 inches deep. The 16" H. also allows you to remove the skimmer more easily that a taller tank.

Remember the Inverse Square Law of Light? Well the 16" allow you to throw less light at it than a tall tank. Being 18" wide you have a lot of room for frag racks.

You two need to run down and get one like all the cool people are doing. Don't be left out!

LOL thanks Algae you talked me out of it!(laugh) I can never be as cool as you even with a 40B and I really love our little 15gallon nano frag tank. Things are doing well in it and so easy to maintain. Water change in 5 minutes. We really didn't even get much of a cycle out of it.

Guess we could set up another frag tank in the laundry room! Heck we have a spare bedroom... should get the bed out of there and turn that into fish tank room 2!!!

Hey emerald what ya think??? rofl

You don't do well with maintenance if the tank is moved out of your line of site.(nono)

As for the spare bedroom... so am I going to just tell my parents the fish tanks are water beds and to bring their swimwear when they come to visit?DOH!

And for those who are keeping score.. yes we are being the ultimate geeks by communicating on this forum instead of via phone , email, or text!(laugh)

I can tell you first hand, everyone at the Petco at VRC are IDIOTS. Except the dude with short hair, he knows his reptiles. If they give you crap about any sale or anything like that, just throw a fit at the register. The manager will usually honor it after that.

Get one' date=' now!!! They are selling out as we type! Grab your keys and plow that Suburban through innocent Prius' obeying speed limits.[/quote']

They're going to be all gone as I sit here at work!(sad) Beth quick hop in the shortbus and mow over those darn Priuses. Just tell them they will get even better mileage as a pile of metal on the side of the road!(laugh) Get it now or we won't be cool anymore!

I can tell you first hand' date=' everyone at the Petco at VRC are IDIOTS. Except the dude with short hair, he knows his reptiles. If they give you crap about any sale or anything like that, just throw a fit at the register. The manager will usually honor it after that.[/quote']

I picked up some dog food from Petco and there was nobody at the registers for like 5 minutes. I could have walked out with the bag of food and nobody would have been the wiser. I think they sell 40B for the price to everyone but Miles!(laugh)

È meglio un uovo oggi di una gallina domani.

Okay I wonder how many of us scored!

Shane,

Miles,

Alex,

Me

Franklin, are you trying to convert this forum to italian language? (laugh)

Some homework for you:

Gallina vecchia fa buon brodo

E' nato prima l'uovo o la fallina?

I'm still surprised about your knowledge of sicilian dialect!

We are not planning on setting up another tank at the moment, but we got one anyway, I have always wanted to do a 40g Breeder, At least now I have one that I can set up...down the road...I think the depth is what makes it a great tank, Especially for a reef tank...and for $40...can't beat that...Anyone find stands for this size tanks? Our local petco didn't have a stand for the 40g breeder...(plotting)

I picked up a 20g long and another 10 gal today for a project I have in mind. couldnt find a 40 at the jantzen beach one today. Oh well' date=' not like I need another tank.[/quote']

I think I got the last one yesterday (sad)

Got our 40B I'm popular now!

Yes I tried to resist! (hitme) I tried not to succumb to peer pressure! (daz) I gave up! I got the last 40b at the Petco on 66th and Glisan! (clap)

I'm part of the cool crowd now!(dancing) I'm popular now and it feels so good!(laugh)

I can see why everyone is excited they normally retail for 109 dollars that's like 70 dollars off!:eek:

Now just gotta figure out what we are going to use it for!(scratch)

Franklin, are you trying to convert this forum to italian language? (laugh)

Some homework for you:

Gallina vecchia fa buon brodo

E' nato prima l'uovo o la fallina?

I'm still surprised about your knowledge of sicilian dialect!

La gallina!

La gallina che canta ha fatto l’uovo!

Fungia!

I think we need to get a sister site with an Italian reefer group! Might be really informative.

Yes I tried to resist! (hitme) I tried not to succumb to peer pressure! (daz) I gave up! I got the last 40b at the Petco on 66th and Glisan! (clap)

I'm part of the cool crowd now!(dancing) I'm popular now and it feels so good!(laugh)

I can see why everyone is excited they normally retail for 109 dollars that's like 70 dollars off!:eek:

Now just gotta figure out what we are going to use it for!(scratch)

Now that we are cool with out 40b tanks they can't laugh and tease us like they did in high school! We have arrived and it is sweet! Now to find a lesser group to pick on? THE PEOPLE WITHOUT A 40 B!